apprenticeship tax ? - Forum

10/03/2017 13:11   George R.

I'm confused about the new apprenticeship tax, do I have to start paying for more training for my apprentices?

RE: apprenticeship tax ?
10/03/2017 14:37   Course Adviser

Hi George,

Thanks for your query.

You're not alone in feeling confused about the ins and outs of the new apprenticeship levy! In fact, many of our users have been contacting us with similar questions. 

The introduction of the levy is to help employers invest more in apprenticeships - but it's only applicable to certain employers. There is, however, additional government funding and support for non-levy paying employers as part of a wider apprenticeship reform - so it's important to fully understand what's happening.

I'd recommend you read our overview article and infographic to help you better understand exactly what's going to happen and how it will affect your company. It will help you determine whether you need to pay the levy or not, and what you need to do to get the most from the new initiative. 

Findcourses will be providing more information on the apprenticeship reform as it becomes available - so keep checking our articles for updates.

Best of luck – and best wishes!

The FindCourses.co.uk Team

RE: RE: apprenticeship tax ?
06/04/2017 12:04   John Withers

I just don't see how this is going to benefit industries other than construction, etc. It's just another excuse to get more tax out of the bigger companies..

RE: RE: RE: apprenticeship tax ?
06/04/2017 12:13   Course Adviser

Hi John,

Apprenticeships have traditionally been associated with labour-intensive trade industries, such as building or plumbing - however this is exactly what the apprenticeship reform is aiming to address.

Apprenticeships are becoming increasingly common in industries such as business, finance and management, as employers better appreciate the benefit of training apprentices in line with their company standards, in the hopes that the investment will result in a fully-trained, full-time employee. 

We recently did an employer survey on how companies of all industries are planning to respond to the apprenticeship levy. Have a look at the results and you can see how employers are putting more value on taking on apprentices, at all career levels.

You might also like to read our article on how the levy is changing perceptions of apprenticeships.

Let us know your thoughts!

Best wishes,

The findcourses.co.uk Team

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more