Who are apprenticeships meant for? - Forum

10/07/2014 14:05   Jamie

Hi just wondering if you know who apprenticeships are actually meant to be for?

Are they for adults or students? I want to get back into the work place and need a qualification to get a job, but i don't want to study a long term course as really need to be paid too.

RE: Who are apprenticeships meant for?
21/08/2014 10:19   Cecilia

Hi Jamie,

this is a great question!

The idea that apprenticeships are reserved for young school leavers is a popular misconception that is just now beginning to be dispelled. The truth is that apprenticeships are suitable for pretty much anyone over 16. So, while it is true that the Government is pushing for this type of training particularly for 16 to 19 year-olds, they are also suitable for those over 24, who perhaps already have a degree or have already begun working.

This is why there are 3 different levels of Apprenticeship:

• Intermediate (equal to 5 GCSE passes)
  • Advanced (equal to 2 A Level passes)
  • Higher (lead to NVQ Level 4 and above or a Foundation Degree)

Though these obviously target different audiences, what they all have in common is that they combine work with study in an "earn as you learn" approach. So if you're looking to get back into the job market this can definitely be an option, depending on your previous level of experience and what you are trying to achieve.

For now you can find more information on the Government's apprenticeship website, but we are looking to expand our listings in this area so check back in with us soon for more details!

Best,

Cecilia, The Findcourses.co.uk Team

RE: Who are apprenticeships meant for?
22/09/2014 13:53   sj

Do you have apprenticeships on here, I can't find them?

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more