EDI Event Management course - Forum

13/11/2014 07:41   Natasha

Hi, I'm looking into event management or event co ordinator courses. I have been looking at doing this through EDI as I want a qualification that is recognised internationally especially in America. Can you please advise if there are any other certificates that do the same ?

RE: EDI Event Management course
17/11/2014 10:40   Course Adviser

Hi Natasha,

thank you for posting in the forum.

There are a number of awarding bodies that develop and accredit Events Management qualifications, including NCFE, Pearson (BTEC) and Ascentis.

EDI doesn't seem to develop Events Management qualifications anymore. It would appear that Pearson (which owns both EDI and BTEC) has chosen to focus on Event Management BTEC Awards instead, such as those you find here. The content of the qualification is more or less the same, it's just the name that has changed.

Whichever of these you choose, they are accredited within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF), which is used primarily in England, Wales & Northern Ireland. This means that are benchmarked against other nationally-recognised academic and vocational qualifications, which in turns ensures that they are acknowledged and understood by most employers.

In other countries this sort of comparison is more difficult and the qualifications aren't recognised in any "official" sense, but that doesn't mean that employers don't care about them. On the contrary, they may make your application stand out even more among others - the important thing is to make sure that you write it out in full on your CV and explain what exactly it has taught you to do, so that it's easy to understand.

Hope this helps, best of luck in your search.

Best,

The Findcourses.co.uk Team

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more