NVQ Placements in the UK - Forum

27/05/2014 15:41   Greg

We are looking for institutes in the UK which offer NVQ placements to overseas students, we are after 1 year placements for NVQ's in which students receive an allowance whilst on the placement.

I would also like to discuss if accommodation is on offer and what sort of price the student would be expected to pay.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

RE: NVQ Placements in the UK
28/05/2014 09:58   Jay

Hello Greg,

Unfortunately the funded nvq courses are usually only for staff members who have residency in the UK for 3 years or more. The usual requirements that need to be met are:

• Residency – Either an UK / EU or EEA resident for 3 years or more
  • Working Hours – Employed minimum 30 hours per week (Exceptions can apply)
  • Previous Qualification – Must not have higher than a level 4 or degree equivalent qualification

RE: NVQ Placements in the UK
18/06/2014 17:17   arthur
do you mean apprenticeships? NVQs are from the system we had before, now i think everything is part of the QCF so now they are called certificates and diplomas. in any case i really don't think you would get paid or get accomodation, what kind of course are you referring to?

apprenticeships are the only kind of thing that i can think of where you would get paid during your training, and maybe your employer would help you find accomodation if you need it. not sure they are available to overseas students though...

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more