Becoming a qualified nutritionalist - Forum

13/11/2014 07:39   lauren karl

can you please send me info on clinical nutrition courses and with that will I be a quailfied nutritionist?

RE: Becoming a qualified nutritionalist
18/11/2014 10:01   Cecilia Razelli

Hi Lauren,

thanks for posting this question.

Completing training in the field of nutrition is a great way to develop your skills and gain a qualification that will improve your chances of launching a successful career in the field. You will find a range of qualification programmes accredited in the QCF in our Nutrition category, including a number of Clinical Nutrition courses. All you need to do to receive more information is to fill out the Request Information form that you find on the course pages - this sends a message to the training company so that they can get back in touch with you directly. Simple as that!

At the moment, the title 'nutritionist' is not statutorily regulated in the same way as the title 'dietician', which means that one of the qualifications you find at the link above should be enough for you to enter the field of nutrition. If, however, you want to become a Registered Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition (AfN), you are expected to have either a degree in Nutrition Sciences or substantial relevant experience. I think this is worth bearing in mind when choosing a programme, since registration with the AfN (though not necessary) can be another good way to make your CV stand out to employers.

Hope this gives you some helpful insights.

Best of luck,

The Findcourses.co.uk Team

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more