Which courses will help me get a job in health and social care? - Forum

08/08/2013 10:25   aydotcome

I want to work in social and health care and don't have no experience or whatsoever. I would like to know the courses to undergo for me to be able to qualify and earn good earnings.

RE: Which courses will help me get a job in health and social care?
23/01/2014 08:57   Course Advisor

Hi there,

the kind of course that will suit you best depends a lot on what kind of position you are aiming to get. The Health & Social Care field is broad and varied and obviously some jobs will require more training and/or hands-on experience than others.

For example: if you are looking to become a nurse, then you have to complete a degree course and register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). But if you want to become a Healthcare Assistant (HCA), then there are currently no fixed requirements in terms of the training you need to have - the choice to hire you (at least for now) is at the discretion of the employer.
Having said this, an employer will obviously want to hire someone with the appropriate skills and competencies.

A QCF qualification in Health & Social care can certainly be a good way to develop and certify your skills. These generally have a significant work-based (or placement-based) element so they help you develop practical skills as well as more theoretical knowledge.

If you're starting from scratch, volunteering is always be a good first step - you can search for opportunities with local charities and/or use the Do-it and Volunteering England websites to find open positions.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck with your search,

Findcourses.co.uk

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more