English qualification courses to study from home - Forum

20/11/2014 07:51   anna_banana_slocombe

I got a D for my English GCSE and would like to redo it or get a similar qualification that employers are interested in. Is there anything you can suggest where i can study from home?

RE: English qualification courses to study from home
20/11/2014 09:07   Course Adviser

Hi Anna,

thanks for posting this question.

We have quite a large number of distance learning English language courses that can help you gain the qualification you need. Actually, according to distance learning provider Open Study College, English (and languages in general) is one of the most popular subjects to take a distance learning course in.

You can see the full list here - there are GCSE courses as well as AS and A Level courses. You can also opt for Level 2 or 3 Diplomas, which are essentially very similar programmes but accredited in a different system (Level 2 is equivalent to a GCSE while Level 3 is more like an A Level).

I think any of these will be easily recognised and appreciated by employers. The academic qualifications (GCSEs and A Levels) are probably still the most well known, but the other qualifications I mentioned are becoming more and more popular too.

As a final note, remember that you can study from home but that you will need to take the examination at an accredited centre. Ask the training provider if they can help with these arrangements, or make sure to see where your closest centre is before applying so that you know where and when you will be able to sit the exams.

Best of luck!

Regards,

The Findcourses.co.uk Team

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more