No more PTLLS? - Forum

10/09/2014 08:56   candice
I am wondering about the PTLLS - I was considering enrolling and I can still find the qualification on the City & Guilds website, but now I'm hearing that it's been replaced with another one? why would they still have it on the site then?

RE: No more PTLLS?
17/09/2014 13:36   Course Adviser

Hi Candice,

you have heard right: the PTLLS qualification is being replaced with a new qualification called the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.

It happens quite often that qualifications get discontinued and replaced with new ones in this manner. Usually, the old and new qualification will have a period of time during which they are both still offered side by side, until the old one is finally cancelled for good. In this case, the PTLLS has already been completely replaced, but the reason for which it is probably still featured on the City and Guilds website is because the last certification date is in 2018. This just means that those who have already started the course have until that time to get their certificate.

It can be a little bit confusing for the user, but hope this clears things up!

Best,

The Findcourses.co.uk Team

Find training and courses within this category

LOOKING FOR TRAINING?

Good news! findcourses.co.uk offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team. 

people-using-laptop-search-training

Request a free quote

APPRENTICESHIPS

Is your company looking to take on an apprentice?

choose-the-right-apprenticeship

Learn more