A 2019 report by Learning and Work showed that 38% of adults haven't studied since they left school and 8% said they couldn't afford learning courses.
We're here to change that.
Skip straight to:
Bursaries available throughout 2020 for individual learners
At findcourses.co.uk we believe that education is for everyone - regardless of your age, your income or your employment status. That's why we're offering a funding bursary that will run throughout 2020 to help cover your course fee.
We, findcourses.co.uk, will pay for a course up to £500 for up to 12 winners.
The first draw will take place on Wednesday 6th May 2020 and draws will continue until February 26th, 2021.
Draws take four times per year, with 3 winners being selected each time (see draw dates for exact dates).
There's a type of learning out there to suit everyone, whether that's an online class studied from the comfort of your own sofa or a class taken in a room full of other learners. What's more, learning doesn't need to be career-related (although 60% of people study to help their career).
We want to encourage all kinds of learning: for self-fulfilment, for confidence, for qualifications, for a promotion and just for fun!
To apply for the findcourses.co.uk 2020 Adult Learning Bursary:
- You must be aged 18+
- You must be a full-time UK resident with a UK address
- You must be able to take the course within 3 months of the draw
Entry into the bursary draw is simple. No purchase is necessary, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Browse findcourses.co.uk and find up to 2 courses you'd be interested in taking
- Copy the URLs of the courses you like
- Fill in our entry form
- Paste the URLs into the 'Courses' section
- Complete the form and hit send!
You will then be automatically entered into our bursary prize draw!
Need help finding a course? Search all eligible courses or find more below:
12 February 2020
12 February 2021
First Draw Date:
Second Draw Date:
Wednesday 5 August 2020
Third Draw Date:
Final Draw Date:
In order for a course to be eligible for the bursary funding it must:
- Cost between £1 and £500 inclusive of VAT (free courses are not eligible)
- Take place either online or within mainland Great Britain
- Have available places on the course
If selected as the winner, you must:
- Respond within 7 days of receiving the offer of funding to confirm acceptance. We will then liaise with you and the training course provider to book your eligible course on your behalf.
- How many winners will be randomly drawn?
We will choose up to 12 winners, 3 per draw, to receive funding.
- How many draws will there be?
There will be a maximum of 4 draws.
- Will all the winners receive bursary funding of up to £500 including VAT?
Yes, all winners will receive up to £500 including VAT of funding for their course of choice.
- Why do I have to give you course URLs?
We ask for course URLs so that we know exactly which courses you are interested in. Often, courses have the same name or similar names, and we want to ensure we book you onto the right course.
- Why do I have to give you two courses when the funding only covers one course?
We ask that you submit a back-up course in case there is no availability on your first choice course within 3 months of the draw date.
- Why do I have to provide my email address?
We ask for your email address so that we can contact you if you win.
- Why do I have to provide my location?
You do not need to select your town or city, we just need to confirm that you live in England, Scotland or Wales as these are conditions for being eligible for the bursary draw.
- Do I have to write an answer to the question "why do I want to take this course"?
We would very much like it if you told us why you wanted to take the course as it will help us understand how many people take courses for personal or professional reasons. However, your application is valid without answering this question.
- Can I submit more than one entry?
No. You do not need to enter the draw more the once, your entry will be carried forward in every draw, provided you are not selected as a winner.
- What if I do submit more than one entry?
Only your first entry will be counted and subsequent entries removed from the draw.
- Can I win more than once?
No, once you have been selected as a winner, your entry will be removed from the draw to allow other participants the chance to win.
- How will you choose the winners?
Winners will be chosen at random using a computer process.
- How will I know if I have been randomly selected to win and receive a bursary?
We will send an email to the address provided by you on the draw date, offering confirmation of funding.
- What happens if I don't reply to that email?
You have 7 days to reply to the email and confirm that you want to go ahead with your eligible course. If we do not get a reply from you, we will select another winner.
- Am I eligible for the bursary fund if I'm already studying?
The Adult Learning Fund is designed to cover all kinds of courses. It's not a problem if you are already studying at university, college or are in further or higher education as long as you meet the eligibility requirements and submit eligible courses via the application form.
- Can I get reimbursed if I have already booked and paid for a course?
No, the terms of this scholarship state that the funding will not cover courses that have already been paid for.
- Can I email or post you my application?
No, all applications must be submitted via the official online form (link below). If you email or post us your application, we will not include it for consideration.
- Is this funding for courses taught in English only?
No, this scholarship is open to courses taught in all languages. However, the course must either take place in mainland Great Britain or online.