Are you looking to learn something new but unsure where to start? Whether you're thinking about getting that additional qualification to boost your CV, or developing your knowledge on a topic of interest, you can start by browsing the nearly 2,000 free or funded courses listed on our site.
The types of free or funded courses offered by training providers and colleges generally fall into 3 broad categories:
- Courses funded by the government: Due to the increasing importance of upskilling and reskilling the UK workforce, the government has provided funding on training for instance through the Lifetime Skills Guarantee. Funding for training is available to a wide audience, encouraging adults to acquire the skills needed to pursue work for the future.
- Free tasters and open days offered by training providers: These taster sessions and open days are ideal for those who have an interest in taking a course in a particular topic but would like to find out more about it first before committing their time and money.
- Public lectures: Some colleges and course providers offer free public lectures to encourage knowledge sharing and lifelong learning.
To inspire you on your learning journey, we’ve pulled together our ten most popular free courses of 2022. The top 10 free courses reflect varied interests in a range of topics — from business, IT and digital skills, to healthcare and counselling.
Read on to find the best free courses for your personal development and career plans.
Thinking of undergoing training to become a Qualified Person or of sponsoring a colleague to become a QP? Then why not come along to the FREE one day seminar to learn about what it really means to be a QP or a sponsor, what qualifications you need in advance, the various routes to becoming a QP and how NSF International's series of educational modules has helped many hundreds of people to become highly effective, professional, Qualified Persons.
NSF International provides training and education services for leading organisations in the health care industries. Their health sciences courses have one objective – to bring about change that drives improvements in your workplace.
If you’re not assertive, especially if you become passive aggressive or aggressive, you can cause misunderstandings, frustration and even a breakdown in relationships at work.
This session run by Maximum Performance will help you build confidence to be more assertive more of the time. And how to disagree without being disagreeable!
- Assertiveness defined
- One-to-one assertiveness
- Assertiveness in meetings
- Actions and next steps
Dods Training are delighted to invite you to a free webinar focusing on Strategic Thinking.
As an aspiring senior leader, someone who needs to focus on strategic priorities and occasionally step back from the day-to-day, this webinar will help you identify tactical approaches to think more strategically.
This Access to Higher Education (Nursing) Level 3 programme has been designed for students who wish to pursue a career in Nursing and/or Health related fields, returners to education or healthcare assistants.
The HCUC college group is a further education provider based in the north-west and west London boroughs of Harrow and Hillingdon. They offer both academic and vocational courses including BTEC, City & Guilds, UAL qualifications, A Levels (with a comprehensive programme at Uxbridge College and an A Level Science package at Harrow College), GCSEs and Foundation learning courses.
Pornography reflects as well as creates sexual norms and practices. The period from the 1960s to the mid-1980s has been called the 'Golden Age of Porn'. An unexpurgated Lady Chatterley’s Lover was openly published in the UK and Linda Lovelace’s pornographic film Deep Throat (1972) went mainstream.
Vigorous debates about morality, consent, and feminism erupted. The “porn wars” continue in popular culture and academic debates today. This online lecture explores how mainstream pornography has changed, and the role of technology and social media.
Founded in 1597 by Sir Thomas Gresham’s will, Gresham College is London’s first institute of higher education providing free public lectures.
Are you interested in supporting people to improve their personal well-being? If so, this Learning Curve Group course will provide you with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills to do that. You'll learn about core counselling skills and how to use them in a counselling relationship. You will also be taught about counselling theory and the ethical framework that informs how counsellors use their skills.
This course has remained in our top 10 list for the second year in a row, indicating its popularity with learners.
- Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Counselling skills and personal development
- Using counselling skills
Vita Health Group has launched a unique mental health training course which is specifically designed for the workplace to help improve access to mental health support for employees.
It’s a 30 minute taster session which gives you the opportunity to learn more about the course and experience the learning style for one particular topic of the course. The taster session will use interactive features in order to give a glimpse into how the Mental Health Advocacy Course will be kept engaging.
These free open days led by the Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC) will introduce you to the principles and theory of coaching. At the end of the day, you'll be able to:
- Decide if coaching is right for you
- Clarify if AoEC can help support your development as a coach
- Understand the next steps to take to follow your professional development goals within coaching
- Realise what AoEC can provide to your organisation
This free online course offered by vision2learn leads to the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration. In addition to helping individuals gain this nationally-recognised qualification at no cost, this course helps prepare its delegates for the workplace. This popular course has made our top 10 list for the second consecutive year.
- personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
- providing administrative services
- managing information and producing documents
- supporting change in a business environment
- supporting business events
- budgets in a business environment
Are you looking to develop your knowledge and understanding of safe handling of medication in health and social care?
This course by The Skills Network covers the different types of medication and what they are used for. You will also gain an understanding of how to store and dispose of medicines in a safe way, how to administer medicines safely and how to ensure that record keeping and audits are completed correctly.
- Understand medication and prescriptions
- Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
Looking for more free courses?
We list nearly 2,000 free or fully funded courses. Find and compare courses from top providers today!