Risk management has become an indispensable part of many organisations' operations. While there are risks that cannot be entirely avoidable and crises that cannot be foreseen, such as the global COVID-19 pandemic, a robustly designed risk management system can help your organisation overcome potential threats or challenges that it may face in the near or distant future.
Risk management is based on proven best practices for identifying, monitoring and prioritising an organisation's vulnerabilities and potential threats. Each company faces a unique set of threats that may arise from various sources. These include economic conditions, stock market crashes, natural disasters, accidents, cyber attacks, project failures, and more.
Risk management professionals would have seen recent rapid changes in the industry as the practice of risk management races to keep up with the changes in our world of work and business. Therefore, for those tasked with creating and implementing risk management frameworks, it is critical to ensure you are equipped with the latest risk management knowledge with the help of the appropriate risk management courses.
We've pulled together a list of our top 10 risk management courses to help you gain the skills to proactively manage potential risks to your organisation's operations. Our top 10 risk management courses cover a range of areas - from financial market risk to governance and climate risk - reflecting some of the numerous types of threats that an organisation could face as well as the best practices in managing these threats.
In this one-week Corporate Risk Management training course offered by London Corporate Training, participants will study the following areas:
- Putting corporate risk management into context and exploring what can go wrong
- Analysing your organisation to get the necessary understanding of where threats and risks may lie
- Understanding financial, market and credit risks
- Building risk management plans into your organisation’s corporate and operational business plan
- Taking a realistic evaluation of the organisation’s ‘appetite’ for risk
This Petroleum project economics and risk management course offered by MDT International is a highly interactive training solution that introduces delegates to a structured approach in project investment appraisal, with a specific focus on the oil and gas industry.
- apply economic and risk management tools in oil and gas project proposals
- calculate the financial viability of risk-affected expenditure proposal projects
- evaluate the ranking of different projects
- prepare convincing project proposals that will win approval from management, partners and the government
- improve outcomes at both the project and business level
The course employs a large number of case studies, industry-specific scenarios and practical exercises in order to provide delegates with realistic situations within which to apply the skills learned.
It is a significant responsibility for an organizsation to implement and maintain a Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) Framework. Many organisations have implemented selected components of a GRC framework, but the challenge remains to integrate the disparate components.
This GRC course by ACI Learning provides a roadmap to develop, implement and sustain an integrated GRC infrastructure.
- GRC: First, Answering the Important Questions
- Understanding Governance Risks: The GRC Model
- A Strategic Look: Expectations and Challenges in Building and Implementing the GRC Framework and Model
- Analyzing the Tone at the Top and Tone-in-the-Middle
- GRC–Four Key Components and Your Roadmap to Success
- Always Start with Risk: GRC Focus on Managing Risks
- Compliance and Regulatory Matters: The Core Strategy
- Ethics: Values and Behavior
- Investigations and Fraud Reporting: Standing Your Ground
- Key Strategy: Implementing the Chief Risk Office/Chief Compliance Office
- Pulling It All Together
Manage your firm's bribery and corruption risk exposure more effectively with this accessible, online course provided by the International Compliance Association (ICA).
In this course, you will examine global anti-corruption frameworks and identify key anti-corruption controls to help mitigate the risks. You will consider and evaluate fundamental area's including PEPs, third parties and appraise geographical & sectoral risks.
ICA Specialist Certificates, awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester, will help you quickly gain actionable knowledge to boost your confidence and credibility.
Chartered status is the benchmark for company secretaries and governance professionals. It shows that you have the knowledge, skills and experience to take on a job with significant and wide-ranging responsibilities.
Topics covered in this Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme offered by the Chartered Governance Institute UK & Ireland:
- Corporate Governance
- Health Service Governance (alternative option)
- Company Compliance and Administration
- Interpreting Financial and Accounting Information
- Company Law
- Development of Strategy
- Risk Management
- Boardroom Dynamics
The market regulator expects your company to understand where the risks lay in your firm and react appropriately as part of your governance framework.
During this intensive 1 day course Eureka Financial will illustrate this real and significant threat to the industry and show you how to take a proactive approach to financial crime, enhance the policies, processes and procedures you currently have in place and ensure that everyone in your organisation is ready to protect your firm and the market place.
While this Governance, Risk Management & Compliance (GRC) course by Informa Middle East is designed for professionals in audit, risk management and compliance, it is also suitable for business leaders, and members of Boards.
- Adopt an integrated approach toward GRC to support business strategy and sustainability
- Apply business practices that support long-term sustainability based on an understanding of the key principles of governance frameworks
- Improve business performance by implementing systems and structures that support effective risk management
- Formulate meaningful reports that promote compliance within your organisation
- Integrate and strategically align GRC through adopting effective methods
The Company Board Director Roles and Responsibilities Training Course run by Excellence in Learning is for both experienced and newly appointed Company Directors. The Chairman of the Board of Directors, along with all other Executive and Non-Executive Directors, will benefit from this course.
This is a very practical course, with extensive discussions around case studies that will highlight common Boardroom dilemmas. It will enable you to make sound Board decisions, which comply with your statutory duties as a Director.
Topics covered include:
- Companies Act 2006,
- Board Director Roles and Responsibilities,
- UK Corporate Governance Code,
- Companies House requirements,
- Insolvency Act,
- Director Statutory Duties,
- Risk Management,
and many more.
The financial impact of climate change is the key topic in financial risk management and disclosure today. Authorities, such as the Prudential Regulatory Authority and BoE are imposing regulations on financial institutions to adequately and quantitatively assess climate related risks and opportunities on equity and credit portfolios.
The Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) has developed a powerful framework and the EU action plan on sustainable finance is readily taking it up.
This is a fast-growing area but knowledge amongst financial personnel is not increasing at the same rate. This course offered by IFF - International Faculty of Finance will bring your team up to speed.
The IRM (Institute of Risk Management)'s International Certificate in Risk Management is the ideal qualification for anyone looking for a solid foundation in the theory and practice of effective risk management. This is an entry-level qualification (equivalent to a degree) suitable for anyone looking to develop their risk management knowledge and skills.
By taking this qualification, you will gain an:
- Introduction to the principles, concepts, and practice of risk and risk management
- Understanding of the multi-disciplinary nature of risk management within any type of organisation
- Understanding of current risk management thinking, standards and regulations across of the world
- Entry route to the International Diploma in Risk Management
Looking for more courses on Risk Management?
Find and browse courses from top providers today!