What are animation courses?
Animation courses are offered extensively both in the form of academic lessons as well as practical sessions, ideal for those who are interested in learning about the technical art of bringing on-screen images to life.
With the help of relevant reading material, detailed lectures, as well as engaging practical sessions, students enrolled in these courses will be taught all the ins and outs of computer animation, the technical way of using specific software, as well as the process of creating a sequential storyline.
From basic editing to implementing and executing the design, these animation courses will go over everything that has to do with the art, turning you into an animating genius!
Why should you take up an animation course?
If you’re that type of person who is intrigued by the art of cartoon animation, the history of animation in film, and the different aspects of animation (hand-drawing, digital cameras, etc,), then you should most definitely sign up to one of these animation courses.
Throughout, you will get the chance to work with animation projects at first hand; from producing 2D and 3D still images to creating stop motion animated sequences; from introductory programming to working creatively with sound, light, and cameras, these courses will surely keep you on your toes!
So, whether you’re aiming to become a successful animator, brush up on your programming skills, or simply for your personal interest, have a look at our animation courses and see which one is most suitable to your level and needs.
What will you learn through an animation course?
Applying to one of these animation courses comes with heaps of benefits that will undoubtedly enhance your skills and interest in the field. Through detailed individual attention and guidance as well as plenty of practical experienced instructors will help you to build confidence and improve your work through constructive criticism and tips, allowing your skills to prosper.
Generally, an animation course offered through our website is comprised of several key areas which will teach you all there is to know about the area, and together, will get you all geared up and ready for any exam you might come across! Some of the core modules covered include:
- Visual recording in art and design
- Materials, techniques, and processes in art and design
- Ideas and concepts in art and design
- Communication through art and design
- Contextual influences in art and design
- Image manipulation using computer applications
- Typefaces and letterforms
- 3D animation
- 2D animation production
- Computer game engines
By the end of this curriculum, you will have:
- Understood the basics of timing for stop motion animation
- Experimented with materials for stop motion animation
- Become familiar with cameras and lighting for stop motion animation
- Created a short stop motion animated film
- Created characters and drawing to appear in animation
- Designed a character for 3D animation
- Experimented with several animation software
- Worked on top-of-the-range equipment
- Created a simple storyboard
- Added sound and music to an animation
- Learned about directing your character for the screen
How can you enrol to an animation course, and where?
A quick search through our website will help you find numerous animation courses all over the UK. From institutions to universities, to online, these classes are offered in various ways, giving you the option to choose the most ideal channel that best suits you!
In a Classroom
A classroom course usually takes place at pre-designated institutions, colleges, or universities, providing the ideal choice for those who have a liking for hands-on practice in an academic setting.
Online classes are also an option, ideally for those who have a busy schedule and favor flexibility. In this case, you can freely participate in the course at your own pace and on your own time, without any restrictions whatsoever!