Find Apprenticeship Training
Taking on an apprentice - be it a new hire or through promoting an existing employee to a new role - is an effective way for companies to train long-lasting staff in line with company standards. Apprenticeships are utilised by companies from all industries and sizes - and at all levels - as they are such a worthy investment for organisations looking to truly engage, develop and retain highly skilled staff.
To take on an apprentice, first, you need to select an apprenticeship standard or framework. Standards and Frameworks have been put in place to ensure your apprentices are trained in line with the quality standards for your industry and the relevant level. This will include on-the-job training from your company, and off-the-job training and end-point assessment from an organisation that offers training in line with your chosen apprenticeship.
Search and select the list of apprenticeship training, then fill out your details in the 'Request Information' box to connect with registered training providers that can deliver the right training for your apprentice.
Different apprenticeship training providers also offer different delivery options. There are three different options available to companies funding apprenticeship training: having your apprentices trained at your office/location, having them go away for training in 3-4 week chunks at the provider's location or having your apprentices spend a day a week (or a half-day, as long as the 20% stipulation is met) at the training provider's location.
The Apprenticeship Levy and Funding
Some employers in the UK are required to pay a tax known as the 'Apprenticeship Levy', which, along with government allowances, assistance and further contributions, can be accessed by employers in England to help fund apprenticeship training. Find out all about the Apprenticeship Levy.
One of the key terms of the Apprenticeship Levy is that organisations can only spend their funding on apprenticeship training from registered training providers. Funding is provided up to the limit of the funding band and the employer has to pay the full amount for any cost above this limit. It's therefore really important that you select government-approved registered training providers to deliver your apprentice's training.
For information on apprenticeship funding in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, please visit the websites below:
Employers Who Don't Pay the Levy
Companies who do not pay the levy can still receive government support in the form of 'co-investment.' These employers will pay 10% towards the cost of apprenticeship training and the government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum. Employers who don't need to pay the levy still need to select apprenticeship training from registered training providers.
Start Your Easy Search for Apprenticeship Training
Here at findcourses, we'll help match you with registered training providers who can deliver apprenticeship training in line with your specific needs. Just browse and select your preferred apprenticeship training and fill in your details to connect with the providers.