Learning a Foreign Language: Open Doors and Transcend Borders
Language, the system of coding and decoding information, is the primary form of communication familiar to humans, and necessary for daily interaction.
Language and our capability of complicated communication is what sets us apart from other species on this Earth. It could be argued, that it is in fact what makes us human. Without language, human kind would never have been able to develop to where we are today. From this perspective it is a given that developing our languages and communication skills is a means of enhancing our competitiveness on the job market.
Studying a foreign language or languages opens many doors for anybody, at any level, in any career. Whether it is strengthening your communication skills within your mother tongue, or improving your command of a foreign language, communication is an important building block of any education. With technology shrinking the world and international business partners coming closer, speaking more than one language is of irreplaceable valuable.
Language Skills – explore the opportunities
Languages skills break down barriers and open doors to opportunity, but being able to understand and be understood in another language than your mother tongue also provides you with the following benefits:
- Meeting new people and starting new conversations with friends and
- Enhancing your career through building your CV, expanding your overseas opportunities, allowing you to travel more and more widely
- Exercising your brain and expanding your mind, you will be more open-minded and more willing to take on new ideas, and set yourself new
- Opening cultural doors that will enable you to discover new places, new experiences, new tastes or new business opportunities
- Establishing new contacts, as you will meet like-minded people
Language courses are conducted at different levels (including Business language courses) and with varying emphasis or focuses to assist learning language appropriate to your professional area (finance, legal, engineering, etc). For example, you can choose to learn and master English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish, at beginner, intermediate or advance levels.
Benefits of Language skills training
Anyone who works in an organisation that has offices abroad will benefit from brushing up on their language abilities or taking the time to learn a foreign language to further their career development options. If you're eager to apply your foreign language skills to your career, consider taking a professional training course in Europe. Taking a language course allows you to flex your new language muscles while gaining skills to benefit your career.
When considering which type of language course to choose, determine what you need the language skills for, whether it's for business meetings, or travelling.
Also think of whether you will benefit from getting out of the office and being surrounded by like-minded people in an open language course, or whether it would be more effective for a language trainer to come to your work place or run in-house training in your working environment so you can easily apply the new language skills in your work place. Language courses and training existing in many forms, to suit all kinds of requirements including:
- One on one language training
- Group / team language courses
- Public courses
- Language skills for business
- Language skills for pleasure / travel / family
- Language skills for relocation
- Writing, Speaking or Listening specific courses
- Language skills for presentations