What are nutrition courses?
Nutrition courses are offered extensively in the form of academic lessons, ideal for those who want to learn a bit more on the basics of nutrition and gain a deeper understanding of what types of foods and nutrients the body needs to function properly and efficiently.
Through a balanced combination of both practical tasks as well as written assignments, these courses will provide you with all the knowledge, skills, and understanding that you will need for your journey towards the professional field of nutrition.
How many nutrition courses are there?
Through a simple search on findcourses, you will be able to find numerous remote as well as classroom-based nutrition courses offered by multiple reputable institutions around all over the UK. Starting from introductory diplomas and leading to advanced certifications, you will surely find anything you might need, tailored especially to your needs and interests!
There are many different routes to take if you’re interested in eventually pursuing a career in this field, some of which include:
- Food product development scientist
- Regulatory affairs specialist
- Nutritional therapist
- Food labeling specialist
- Corporate wellness consultant
- Food safety auditor
- Public health nutritionist
- Clinical nutritionist
- Nutrition services manager
- Humanitarian nutritionist
Why should you take up a nutrition course?
If you’ve been a nutrition and food guru all your life or have just recently started to become interested and passionate about starting a whole new career in the field, then these courses are definitely a great first step. Through an extensive hands-on approach, professionals will help you get a basic feel and understanding of the core aspects of many issues, enhancing your overall knowledge and expectations.
As a result, you will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to prepare for and professionally work in any of the aforementioned areas; from food safety to diet planning, you will be fully prepared to handle anything that might come your way.
So, whether you’re aiming to become a nutrition professional or you're simply a foodie that wants to learn more on what and what not to eat, have a look at our various courses and see which one is most suitable to your level and needs!
''My advice would be to question everything you do, whenever you start studying or do a course, question the information, stay up to date. There will always be 100 other people with the same qualifications, but if you identify how you are different I think this is the best way to break into the competitive industry – you need to have something unique about you.'' ― Martin MacDonald
What is covered throughout these nutrition courses?
As can be seen in the outlines of the numerous courses offered by the several highly-acclaimed institutions around the UK, there are generally several key modules required to go through before being able to professionally work in the area. Some of these include:
- Sources functions and use of macro and micronutrients
- Dietary sources of macro and micronutrients
- Physiological functions of macro and micronutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Energy, hydration and nutrient requirements at different life stages
- Factors that affect nutrient requirements in relation to social, cultural, religious and ethnic groups
- Effects of diet on health
- Relationship between diet and disease
- Possible dietary influences for different groups
- Legislation as it relates to labelling and advertising of food
- Food labelling requirements
- Legal requirements in relation to health claims and nutrition claims
By the end of the curriculum, you will therefore be able to:
- Understand and explain the Government approved basics of a healthy diet
- Understand and explain how and why types of foods may or may not help with dietary choices
- Professionally read and understand food labels
- Understand the concept of macro and micronutrients
- Understand and apply the basics of weight control theory
What study options are available for nutrition courses?
Nutrition courses offered from our website can be found all over the UK. You can either study in a classroom at a college or university, or you can choose to study online - whichever suits you best.
A classroom course will take place at a designed time and location. This is a great option for the individual who wants to take training into their own hands or a small business who just needs to have a few employees trained.
Online training is an option for those who favor flexibility. Individuals can participate in the course at their own pace and on their own time.
How much do nutrition courses cost?
From slow-paced classes for beginners to the more advanced ones for the pros, you will find anything you might need that ideally suits you and your goals! Fees for these courses differ greatly too.
Want to start your journey in helping to manage and conserve the planet but happen on a tight budget at the moment? Don't fret, we have a course at any price point!