Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Classroom course
Lean Six Sigma is an approach to business improvement that has proven to be popular and effective. It combines the best of two distinct but similar improvement methods, Lean and Six Sigma. Both rely on data to solve problems and focus on the importance of high-quality, an engaged workforce and satisfied customers.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training gives you the skills to identify problems and start running improvement projects that could save your company a huge amount of time, money and resources. This classroom training course combines face to face learning, peer discussion, self-led online study and follow-up coaching and receives an average of five out of five star reviews. 100% Effective’s approach encapsulates all learning styles, ensuring you can start using your new skills as quickly as possible.
You’ll take the lead on identifying areas for improvement, finding the root cause of the problem and then putting steps in place to permanently solve the problem. Lean Six Sigma promotes the use of existing resources first, so most improvement plans have limited capital expense, but a huge return on investment in cost savings, cost avoidance or soft benefits.
This course takes 12 days in the classroom, plus time to complete and submit two improvement projects. You’re entitled to three hour-long coaching sessions and unlimited email support to help you complete your projects. You will gain 170 CPD points upon successful completion.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training is designed for professionals with senior responsibility for change management projects, which can be related to cost management, waste reduction, variance removal or cultural change.
This is the highest level Lean Six Sigma beginners can train at, so you’ll gain a more sophisticated and strategic understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools and methods.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Individuals that are certified as Lean Six Sigma Black Belts with proven experience delivering successful projects are in high demand. Those with strong track records and who can prove their worth are handsomely rewarded, with the top 10% earning an average of £74,000.
Following completion of the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Course you will be able to:
- Improve a business using DMAIC and Lean Six Sigma across any function.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques and explain the concepts to others.
- Lead improvement teams to solve complex multi-functional problems.
- Understand and implement change in a business.
- Apply and understand the Voice of the Customer in all areas of business.
- Collect and analyse data correctly to support informed decision making.
- Use data to identify the root causes of problems.
- Develop and implement solutions, using advanced methodologies, to ensure problems are solved permanently.
- Certify as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt to enhance your professional status.
- Act as a Lean Six Sigma ambassador within any organisation.
By completing the Black Belt course you’ll get 170 CPD points.
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course from 100% Effective is the highest practical level of training you can take in Lean Six Sigma and provides an internationally recognised qualification.
The most effective Lean Six Sigma Black Belts combine their technical ability with strong interpersonal skills to drive change. This Black Belt training course covers the DMAIC framework but also provides the soft skills necessary to engage with people.
You will learn:
- A brief history of Lean Six Sigma
- The DMAIC structure
- The key principles and why Lean Six Sigma works
- How to understand and define a problem
- How to create an effective team
- Stakeholder Analysis and how to run one
- How to manage risks
- How to motivate and influence other people
- The key statistics and tools for problem solving
- How and when to use process maps
- What data to collect for problem solving, and why
- How to use Minitab
- Control charts and how to use them
- How to identify root causes
- How to carry out statistical analysis
- How to generate an effective problem solving solution
- How to pilot your solution
- How to validate the results
- How to train other people
- How to prove the benefits to others
- Managing a change in the business
You will receive a dedicated coach from 100% Effective who will guide you through the course and provide you with three free hour-long coaching sessions to help you as you put your skills into practice after the course. You will need to submit two projects to certify.
100% Effective Ltd
100% Effective is an award-winning Business Improvement training provider, with decades of experience. The company considers itself a learning partner, not just a training provider, as it provides lifetime support for all students no matter which course they take. Certification...
Average rating 4.5Based on 24 reviews
Find out more about this Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Classroom Course course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!