CIEH Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling1Training
CIEH Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling
Gain a clear understanding of how incorrect manual handling can lead to injury. This is a common occurrence in the workplace if manual handling is not taken seriously. The safety of employees is vital and employers must ensure that at no point is their health compromised. The Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling will provide individuals with invaluable knowledge and understanding of why safe manual handling is important. The course looks at the hazards and risks in the process of manual handling, the duties of the employer and employees and how non-compliance will lead to consequences. The golden rule is to ensure the workplace remains hazard and risk-free. Learn best manual handling practices and when to apply them to reduce the risk of injury in the workplace.
The Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling course gives learners insight on carrying out manual handling risk assessment, overview of manual handling, manual handling hazards, legislation, guidance and controls.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations Act was introduced in 1992 with the objective of training employers and employees in the manual handling process. The course offers insight on how to tackle issues related to manual handling within the workplace environment. Learners will become familiar with concepts related to manual handling including risk and control, workplace injuries and risk factors for injury.
Why consider 1Training?
As improvements and advancements are made in technology, online courses are no longer just conventional means of studying at affordable costs. In many aspects online training offers superiority to traditional learning. There is an effectiveness and convenience that traditional learning cannot provide. The overall convenience and flexibility makes it a superior learning method.
1Training offers the most convenient path to gain an internationally recognised qualification that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your skill and expertise in an enterprise or corporate environment. You can study at your own pace at 1Training and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor and multiple free resources which include Free CV writing pack, Nus Discounted Card, Free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this Course aimed at?
- All employees of all levels
- Individuals who are working in employment that has to undertake manual handling
- New employees who are taking the induction training in manual handling
- The course is suitable for all levels of employees and managers
- Anyone with an interest in manual handling and workplace safety
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Manual Handling by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) has been supporting professionals since 1883 and an awarding body for the environmental health sector. CIEH has been instrumental in developing several environmental standards in the public and health sectors contributing greatly to the overall wellbeing on a global scale. They set a high standard of improving public health and influencing policy. They provide educational opportunities and training for environmental health professionals working across the public and private sectors. It is with a vision to provide and support a healthier, cleaner and safer environment for all.
Training Course Content
What will you learn?
- Understand the potential ill-health and injuries related to incorrect manual handling.
- Outline the duties of the employer and employees associated to manual handling in the workplace.
- Understand that there are consequences for non-compliance of manual handling.
- Understand what risk and hazard mean in terms of manual handling.
- Report health and safety incidents at any given time.
- Have a clear understanding of the types of equipment used for manual handling tasks.
2: Manual Handling Hazards
3: Risk Assessments
4: Controls And Reducing The Risk Of Harm
5: Legislation And Guidance
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling you will be evaluated through an online multiple choice exam. In order to complete this program successfully and gain your professional qualification.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
Now £ 39
Was £ 78
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion. The certification will enable employees in the capacity of Junior and Senior workers, including Supervisors and Managers to gain high earning positions within the industry.
- Health and Safety Manager – £34,738 per annum
- Health and Safety Coordinator – £22,186 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager – £40,329 per annum
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer – £26,683 per annum
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...
Find out more about this CIEH Level 2 – Principles of Manual Handling course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.