Diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN)1Training
Diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN)
Special Education Needs (SEN) refers to the children with learning disabilities or issues who find it hard to learn compared to the other children of the same age. Specially designed institutes and learning environments are made available for students with special education needs in order to help them through their learning disabilities and to achieve success. A career in the SEN field can be ideal for people who love to work with and help kids with learning disabilities. Many children will require special education needs at one stage or another during their academic years. Therefore, a career in the SEN field can be rewarding and progressive.
It is important to identify the children with learning disabilities early on in order to help them with their special education needs. The approaches and methods of teaching for SEN children will differ from that of normal children. Therefore, one should master the relevant knowledge and skills before embarking on a career in SEN. This diploma is here to help you with the necessary knowledge and skills needed for a career in SEN. This diploma will teach you in depth about SEN and the importance of it to the society. You will learn about the different way in which schools provide provision for children with SEN. You will also get a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a SENCO. This diploma will further enlighten you with regards to the behavioral issues and common SEN conditions found within schools.
With a diploma in SEN you can get ahold of a prominent job in the SEN field. With the relevant knowledge and experience, you can progress on to become a special education teacher, SEN counselor or a behavioral analyst. Or you can start up a SEN school with this diploma as well. You can consider this diploma as a foundation to study further and achieve a degree in SEN.
Why consider 1training?
As improvements and advancements are made in technology, online courses are no longer just conventional means of studying at affordable costs. In many aspects online training offers superiority to traditional learning. There is an effectiveness and convenience that traditional learning cannot provide. The overall convenience and flexibility makes it a superior learning method.
1Training offers the most convenient path to gain an internationally recognised qualification that will give you the opportunity to put into practice your skill and expertise in an enterprise or corporate environment. You can study at your own pace at 1Training and you will be provided with all the necessary material, tutorials, qualified course instructor and multiple free resources which include Free CV writing pack, Nus Discounted Card, Free career support and course demo to make your learning experience enriching and more rewarding.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course aimed at?
This diploma will benefit anyone who is interested in learning about special education needs (SEN). However, this diploma will mainly benefit job seekers looking to make a career in the SEN Field and to employees in the SEN Field.
- You must be 16 years of age or more
- You should have a basic understanding of numeracy, English language and ICT
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the Diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN) professional qualification.
The certificate will be awarded by CPD and iAP. This internationally recognised qualification will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Training Course Content
- Learn in-depth about special education needs (SEN) and the importance of it to the society.
- Understand the different ways used by schools to provide provision for special education needs.
- Gain an understanding of the role of SENCO, the importance of SENCO and how to deal with other agencies.
- Gain an insight into the common SEN conditions found in mainstream schools and how to provide provisions for the students based on the conditions.
- Learn about the different behavioral issues of children with special education needs.
- Gain an insight into inclusive education and the importance of practicing it to support SEN.
1:In And Out About SEN
2: Provision of Special Educational Needs (SEN) Within Schools
3: Role of SENCo And Dealing With Other Agencies
4: Common SEN Conditions Found Within Mainstream Schools Part I
5: Common SEN Conditions Found Within Mainstream Schools Part Ii
6: Behavioral Issues Part I
7: Behavioral Issues Part Ii
8: Insights Into Inclusive Education
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The content will be accessible to you 24/7. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
At the end of the diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN) program you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test. The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade.
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest experts with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and revise all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Quizzes, tests mock exams, practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
Progression and career path
You will be qualified for various job positions in the SEN field with the successful completion of this diploma. If you are employee in the SEN field, this diploma will educate and train you more on special education needs, and thus, will help you to demand for a salary increment or a job promotion.
- Special education teacher (preschool, kindergarten and elementary school) – 23,258 per annum
- Special education teacher (secondary school) – 28,718 per annum
- Special education assistant – 13,743 per annum
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...
Average rating 4.8Based on 4 reviews.
Find out more about this Diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN) course - simply fill out your details:
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses