Those working in an administration or reception role will often be promoted once they have sufficient experience, so it’s a good way to get your foot in the door of your chosen industry. We provide a course which will give you practical knowledge and training in the fundamentals of administration and reception. Understand the role itself, and learn all of the skills needed. You will be trained in word processing, spread sheets, PowerPoint and other relevant software. As well as this, you’ll understand the relevant office and admin tasks and will be able to deliver excellent customer service.
Our online courses offer you the opportunity to study 24/7 wherever you are in the world. These online courses are open to anyone, all you need is an interest in learning! We give you access to world-class learning led by IAP.
Why should I choose 1Training?
- Free both e-certificate and printed certificate
- Accredited qualification
- Excellent quality video tutorials
- You'll be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Get Tutor support Monday-Friday
- Get one year's access to the course
- Get support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join our friendly online learning platform
- Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. So, you can access your course on Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- Job hunters & School leavers
- College or University student & graduates
- Personal assistant & Receptionist
- Assistant for company director
- New or Temporary staff
- Office Administrators & Office managers
- Office clerk, Marketing assistant & Administration Assistant
- Secretary or Executive
- Web content writers & Bloggers
- Technical, business & Report writers
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Those who successfully pass this course will be awarded an Office Admin Diploma. Anyone eligible for certification will receive both FREE e-certificate (PDF format), and printed certificate.
Training Course Content
Learn for less with 1Training discount courses online! You’ll love 1Training’s excellent quality, competitive prices, and first class learner support. With this excellent discount course you can expect professional qualification, which will enable you to enhance your CV in no time, and for less!
What skills am I going to get from this course?
- By enrolling to this course, you’ll learn how to conduct administrative procedures.
- In this course, you’ll learn how to produce standard documents.
- This course will teach you about report and letter writing.
- On completion of this course, you’ll learn master key Microsoft Office programs.
- Having this course, you’ll become masters of data management and record keeping.
- Logging in to this course, you’ll develop your typing speed.
- This course gives you the knowledge of CV and cover letters writing.
- In this course, you’ll gain the best management, receptionist and customer service skills.
- At the end of this course, you can be the motivator of your employees.
Learners will have 365 days access to their chosen course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. If you need to extend your course access duration, it can be done at any time by extending your subscription.
1. Business Report and Letter Writing
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Exercise Files: Business Report Writing
2. E-Mails Writing Tips
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
3. Typing Speed Development
- Effective Typing
4. Tips for Speed Reading
- Tips for Speed Reading
5. Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Word 2016
6. Microsoft Excel
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
7. Microsoft PowerPoint
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Exercise Files: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
8. Microsoft Outlook
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
9. Microsoft Access
- Introduction to MS Access
- Creating Tables & Setting up Properties
- Creating Forms & Reports
- Working with Macros, Integrating Access with Office Suite
- Database Management
- Exercise Files- Microsoft Access 2016
10. Diary Management
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
11. Handling Confidential Documents
- Handling Confidential Documents
12. Successful Meeting Minutes
- Taking Minutes
13. Note Taking
- Note Taking
- Exercise Files: Note Taking
14. Document Proofreading
- Document Proofreading
15. Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
- Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
16. Delivering Postal Mail
- Delivering Postal Mail
18. Customer Service and Telephone Handling Skills
- Customer Service Basics Over the Phone
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Developing Inbound & Outbound Telephone Skills
- Hot Telephone Tips
19. Organising a Meeting
- Organising a Meeting
- Exercise Files: Organising Meeting
20. Data Management & Record Keeping and Filing
- Data Management & Record Keeping
21. Event Planning
- Event Planning Essentials
22. Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation
- Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
24. QuickBooks for Payroll Management
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Setting up the Employee Payroll
- Running the Payroll
- Exercise Files: QuickBooks for Payroll Management
25. Invoicing and Petty cash
- Invoicing and Petty cash
26. Supervising and monitoring the office works
- Supervising and monitoring the office works
27. Time Management
- Introduction to Time Management
- Fundamentals of Productivity
- How to Use Your Calendar Effectively
- Setting up Priorities and Schedule
- Timer Budgeting
- Exercise Files: Time Management
28. Motivating Employees
- Motivating Employees
29. Creating an Effective CV and Cover Letter
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
- Exercise Files: Creating an Effective CV
30. Job functions and Description of Office Administrator and Manager
- Job functions and Description of Office Administrator and Manager
How will I be assessed?
- You will have one Quiz and one Assignment.
- You only need to pay £29 for assessment when you submit your assignment.
- Personal Assistant
- Receptionist (Veterinary, Medical etc.)
- Office Administrator
- Office Managers
- Office Clerk
- Payroll Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Secretary (Legal, Medical etc.)
- Executive Assistant
- Technical Writer
- Report Writer
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...
Find out more about this Office Admin course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses