Perl is a multi-purpose programming language that is widely used for a variety of tasks in web development, system administration and network programming. Learners will be introduced to Perl programming features which include modules, formats and subroutines. If you are in the computer programming field, you will find this course very effective. Not every language has to be complicated and Perl proves to be just that. Perl is a simple and easy to learn language that is highly versatile.
Perl Fundamentals course will introduce you to Perl 5 and Perl 6. It has become a popular language as it can be applied in system administration and network programming. The course will focus on the basic concepts of Perl and learners can start applying the two programming languages to create efficient applications to meet daily tasks or daily issues.
The Perl Fundamentals course will educate learners on the basics of the programming language such as input, output, data structures and subroutines. It is a very helpful course for new learners who want to advance their career in this field. If you have an interest in programming, this course is designed specifically for you. Once you pick up the fundamentals of Perl, you will be ready to apply your knowledge in real-world scenarios.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this Course aimed at?
- Software engineers
- Quality assurance engineers
- The course has no formal pre-requisites and is a beginner level training
- If you want a career in designing and software development, this course is a good way to start
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the successful completion of the course you will be awarded the Perl Fundamentals by CPD and iAP. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
Training Course Content
➤ Module 01: Introduction To Perl
01 Lesson - Topic A: Introduction To Perl
02 Lesson - Topic B: Literals And Variables
03 Lesson - Topic C: String Functions
04 Lesson - Topic D: Variables
05 Lesson - Topic E: Conditionals
06 Lesson - Topic F: Loops
➤ Module 02: Data Structures, Input And Output
01 Lesson - Topic A: Lists
02 Lesson - Topic B: List Demos
03 Lesson - Topic C: Command Line Input
04 Lesson - Topic D: File Input And Output
05 Lesson - Topic E: Hashing
➤ Module 03: Subroutines And Regex
01 Lesson - Topic A: Subroutines
02 Lesson - Topic B: Arguments And Return Values
03 Lesson - Topic C: Simple Regular Expressions
04 Lesson - Topic D: Metacharacters
05 Lesson -topic E: Text Manipulations
What will I learn?
- Gain an introduction to Perl
- Learn how to use string functions
- Have an understanding of loops and conditionals
- Have a clear understanding of data structures including lists
- Learn about the concepts of literals and variables
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Perl Fundamentals course successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online test is marked automatically and learners will receive an instant grade on whether they have passed the course.
If it is an official exam, you can purchase it separately on the relevant website.
Progression and Career Path
Once you successfully complete the Perl Fundamentals, you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. With this qualification you can further expand your education or go onto work in numerous positions that will also put you in line to demand a higher salary or job promotion.
- Software Developer – £45,851 per annum
- Programmer – £45,851 per annum
- Software Engineer – £34,981 per annum
- Quality Assurance Engineer – £29,551 per annum
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Gain access to quality video tutorials
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Eligible for a NUS discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
1 Training - Together, shaping your future
1 Training has established an excellent reputation in the UK for providing professional and vocational training, aiming to train people (young people in particular) for the world of work. 1 Training aims to fill gaps in employment skills, whilst placing...
Find out more about this Perl Fundamentals course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!