Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Transforming Appraisals - In-house Training by 3gHR
This 3gHR course focuses on how to empower people to achieve more by prioritising them in the organisation. It looks at the areas that impact performance management and explores the reasons that appraisals fail or succeed. This management training course addresses the mechanics of the appraisal and the tools managers can use to modify the way performance management is carried out. This makes appraisals a powerful and rewarding business process.
Appraisals are often not very popular among employees, managers and HR, with common problems such as:
- the process glosses over what is important and it's seen as just a form-filling exercise.
- conversations are hijacked by salary reviews, bonus and grading concerns.
- mistrust and resentment as a result of managers who lack experience conducting one-way appraisals, leaving little room for dialogue.
- performance management being handled inconsistently from manager to manager.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for Managers and anyone in leadership positions.
Training Course Content
Completing this management training course will enable you to:
- understand the limitations and the strengths of the appraisal process.
- appreciate the positive impact that meaningful, effective performance management has on the team and its function.
- understand your role in the appraisal process and how you can affect performance.
- understand the effects of a badly handled performance management conversation.
- address issues confidently and to employ your own strengths in appraisal conversations.
- identify opportunities to improve performance by mapping the team's ability and mindset.
- set clear and relevant business objectives.
- make sure the opportunities for delivering performance are in place.
3gHR - Management, Leadership and Executive Training and Coaching
3gHR's vision is to make the workplace more human through balancing the logical/rational, emotional/intuitive and the execution/action agendas. This is achieved through their work with managers and leaders in an organisation with the objective of getting the best out of...