Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Effective Alarm Management: 3 Day Training Course - Challenges, performance and guidelines. CPD Qualifying.
This three day Alarm Management training course has been designed to provide operators with a practical knowledge of how to manage alarm systems to reduce legislative risk, deliver cost savings and improve operational benefits.
In this highly interactive course, delegates receive guidance on a range of skills including alarm specification & design, identifying problems and drive operatonal benefits such as higher OEE, improved maintenance and tighter product quality. Delegates gain valuable practical experience learning from case studies and completing practical exercises.
This course meets the requirements of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
On completion of this course, delegates will benefit from the following expected learning outcomes:
- Understand why your alarm system should be managed
- Identify and evaluate the associated benefits
- Have a good awareness of ISA 18.2 and the latest standard IEC 62682 requirements and recommendations and the guidance contained in EEMUA 191
- Better understand the value and role of alarms
- Develop an alarm philosophy and design and implement an alarm schedule/ database
- Apply requirements and good practice to the identification, specification and design of new alarms
- Have an understanding of the need and benefits of performance measurement and what tools are available
- Have an understanding of the continuous improvement cycle for alarm management
- Identify nuisance alarms and assemble a toolkit that helps reduce them
- Understand the process, inputs and deliverables from an effective alarm rationalisation exercise
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Effective Alarm Management training course has been designed for all those responsible for the operation, management and maintenance of alarm systems.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This Effective Alarm Management training course meets the requirements of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Training Course Content
This Alarm Management training course covers the following areas:
- Standards & Guidance; ASM, ISA, HSE,
- NAMUR. The course is based on the requirements of ISA 18.2, supplemented as appropriate by the good practice guidance contained in EEMUA 191.
- The alarm management lifecycle; requirements, recommendations and good practice for alarm identification, specification, design and implementation. Including human factors and HMI design
- Alarm system documentation; alarm philosophy, alarm system requirements specification and master alarm database.
- Setting of performance targets
- Managing your alarm system for continuous improvement; the role of performance measurement, monitoring and review.
- Alarm monitoring and logging tools.
- Alarm analysis techniques
- Advanced alarm management, tools and techniques, risk / benefit considerations
- Drivers and benefits for prospective and retrospective alarm rationalisation
This Effective Alarm Management training course is priced at £1,750 +VAT per delegate. For members of IChemE, there is a discounted priced of £1,665 +VAT.
Enquire for in-house training and group rates.
Provider: ABB Consulting
ABB Consulting technical training courses - providing in-depth knowledge on key engineering subject areas
ABB Consulting is part of the global ABB Group of companies currently operating in over 100 different countries. In the UK, ABB operates from more than 20 locations and is nationally renowned as a leader in power and automation technologies that...