History is a fascinating subject, where you can explore the past and it’s impact on today. It builds critical thinking and investigation skills which will benefit you both in higher education and as a life skill. This great course will engage you and open up doors to further learning opportunities.
During this A-Level History course you will explore Russia, Mao’s China and then move to the UK to understand more about Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform before working through the Cold War and it’s development and demise.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by Pearson Edexcel) you will have achieved an internationally recognised Pearson Edexcel A-Level History.
- Developing an enthusiasm for History
- Use the concepts learned in a variety of contexts
- Develop a critical and enquiring approach to the study of History
- Acquire an understanding of historical study for example that history is concerned with the judgments based on available evidence and that these judgments are provisional
- Develop you use and understanding of historical terms concepts and skills
- Organise and communicate your historical knowledge and understanding in different ways
Training Course Content
This course in divided into four units:
Russia 1917-1991: From Lenin to Yeltsin
Mao’s China 1949-1976
Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary reform in Britain 1780-1928
The Cold War, It’s Development and it’d Demise 1945-1990
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this A-Level History course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!