Are you intrigued by politics? Curious about government? Planning a career in the civil service? Then A Level Politics is the course for you. It is the perfect course for those looking to deepen their understanding of the world we live in, as well as those looking to study the subject at university level.
If you want to understand why the political system is the way it is and how this can be influenced and shaped then you will find this course both informative and intriguing.
A Level Politics enables you to develop a critical understanding of politics, its processes and the ability to critically evaluate the system. This encourages you to be an informed and active citizen. You will cover politics in the USA and the UK and look at subjects like people, politics and participation as well as how Britain is governed in the modern day.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by AQA), you will have achieved an internationally recognised AQA A Level Politics.
- You will develop your critical thinking skills and the ability to interpret, evaluate and comment.
- You will develop an awareness of the nature of politics and the relationship between political ideas as well as institutions and processes.
- You will develop an understanding of the structures of authority and how the political system in the United Kingdom works, you will also exam the differences with other systems.
- You will gain an informed understanding of the rights and the responsibilities of the individual.
- You will develop a passion in contemporary politics.
Training Course Content
This course is divided into 3 units:
- The government and politics of the UK
- The government and politics of the USA, and comparative politics
- Political ideas.
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this A-Level Politics course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!