IGCSE English will widen your vocabulary and improve your punctuation and spelling as well as your grasp of grammar. You will work with literary and non-literary material as well as contemporary media. You will learn how to use written English in everything from creative writing to structuring reports.
This course is ideal if you want to study English at A Level, perhaps even with a view to higher education.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by Edexcel), you will have achieved an internationally recognised Edexcel IGCSE English (4EB1) qualification.
- Reading a wide range of material including everything from literary material to current media.
- Appreciating the English language and using it for learning and enjoyment.
- Use English to develop narrative, creative writing, making reports and developing a critical view of the quality of written expression.
Training Course Content
- Unit 1: Building with Language
- Unit 2: Transactional Writing
- Unit 3: Discursive, Narrative and Descriptive Writing
- Unit 4: Spoken Language (Optional)
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this GCSE English course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!