IGCSE History gives you insight into the present social economic and political climate by understanding the events that led up to it, particularly those of the 20th century.
You will explore what caused the first world war, the conflict between Israel and Palestine and Russian history. You will also develop critical reasoning skills and the ability to question primary sources.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by CIE ), you will have achieved an internationally recognised CIE IGCSE History (4HIS) qualification.
- Understand how past events influence the current state of the world.
- Develop critical reasoning skills and the ability to interrogate primary sources.
- Gain an appreciation of History and its wider context.
- Prepare for study at a higher level.
Training Course Content
Unit 1: History
- Module 1: 19th century core content: what caused the First World War?
- Module 2: In-Depth Study Russia 1905-1941
- Module 3: 20th century core content: International Relations since 1919
- Module 4: In-Depth Study: Israelis and Palestinians 1945-1994
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this GCSE History course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!