GCSE Psychology introduces you to one of the most fascinating subjects in science – the human mind. The course takes a broad look at some of the major areas of study within modern psychology and takes a close look at a set of specific studies that have become standard areas of interest across the world.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Suitability - Who should attend?
No prior qualification needed
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the exam and practical assessments (as administered by Edexcel), you will have achieved an internationally recognised Edexcel GCSE Psychology(1PS0) qualification.
- Use specialist vocabulary, psychological concepts, terminology and convention to engage in the process of psychological enquiry
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of psychology, developing an understanding of self and others, and how psychological understanding can help to explain everyday social phenomena
- Understand how psychological research is conducted, including the role of scientific method and data analysis
- Present information, develop arguments and draw conclusions through a critical approach to psychological evidence, developing as reflective thinkers
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between psychology and personal, moral, social and cultural issues, and develop an understanding of ethical issues in psychology
- Develop an understanding of psychological issues, the contribution of psychology to
Training Course Content
This course is divided into 14 units:
- Topic 1: Development – How did you develop?
- Topic 2: Memory – How does your memory work?
- Topic 3: Psychological problems – How would psychological problems affect you?
- Topic 4: The brain and neuropsychology – How does your brain affect you?
- Topic 5: Social influence – How do others affect you?
- Topic 11: Research methods – How do you carry out psychological research?
Optional Units (Selected by our experts)
- Topic 8: Perception – How do you interpret the world around you?
- Topic 9: Sleep and dreaming – Why do you need to sleep and dream?
Absorb Online Learning
With Absorb you can learn entirely online. This means you can study on your commute, on your lunch break and even whilst travelling. You can study on any computer or smart device, providing that you have access to the internet....
Find out more about this GCSE Psychology course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
395 GBP-425 GBP