First Line Manager Skills
First-line managers will leave this course fully equipped with the core leadership skills to deliver results through the people who report to them, thereby raising their organisation's level of success.
First-line leaders are the largest and arguably most important group of leaders in any organisation. The linchpin in strategy execution, customer satisfaction, and employee
engagement, they are the main driver of business results. Today, the role of first-line manager is more challenging than ever due to advances in technology, constant and
increasing levels of change, and the pressure to deliver business results often under unprecedented cost and resource constraints.
First Line Leadership Essentials
Suitability - Who should attend?
The audience for First-Line Essentials is new and more experienced first-level managers; it can also be appropriate for mid-level leaders who need to focus on essential people leadership practices.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Driving Measurable Results
We help organisations drive performance that generates measurable, sustainable results through helping you achieve leadership excellence at every level of the organisation. Our research into high-performing leaders and organisations forms the basis of all our learning solutions.
Training Course Content
One of our most popular and impactful courses - often run as a 2-day face-to-face event or as 4 x two-hour virtual instructor-led training session with pre- and post-session activities.
This programme will enable your leaders to:
- Deliver results throug the people who report to them
- Invest more effort in high-value activities
- Coach team members to higher levels of performance
- Build the team's capability to drive buisness results through effective goal setting and delegation
- Maximise team members' willingness to provide discretionary effort
First-Line Essentials contains five modules:
- Introduction to First-Line Essentials helps shift mindsets by introducing the challenges of first-line leadership and the critical few (research-based) practices that help to do so. The module allows participants to reflect on how they assessed themselves against the practices in their preparation activity.
- Think Like a Leader introduces the behaviours that become barriers to effective leadership for most leaders, and provides a model and tool to help participants identify specific ways to focus more on high value people-leadership activities (without diminishing performance in other areas).
- Coach Your Team provides knowledge and tools that enable participants to: assess their employees’ capabilities; reinforce, develop, and improve performance through feedback; develop proactive plans to address performance issues; and have effective performance improvement coaching conversations.
- Get Results Through Others provides frameworks and tools to enable participants to set clear performance objectives with employees that reflect key priorities and to delegate strategically, both in terms of what to delegate and how to delegate it.
- Engage People provides the knowledge and tools to: identify when people are/are not engaged; identify the core engagement needs of others; and take actions to improve individual and team engagement.
On request for bespoke programmes; included in Alliance Membership
AchieveForum – are you ready for a new approach to leadership development?
At AchieveForum we empower people to lead successfully in turbulent business landscapes. From in-person instruction to digitally enabled experiences, we are the human touch that drives leadership success, not just leadership know-how. Organisations today face an overwhelming leadership challenge. Demand...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this First Line Essential Management Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!