Finance for Non Financial Managers - Acudemy Ltd
Straightforward and no-nonsense, this course enables you to get straight to the heart of financials issues, demystifies financial information and gives you confidence and control when making financial decisions.
This two-day overview course has won praise for the straightforward way in which it untangles the web of mystery that surrounds financial and management accounting in the eyes of many non-financial managers. By so doing it enables them to understand and manage the impact of their decisions on business results, interact more productively with their finance-based colleagues and exert greater influence on decision making in their organisation.
Small classroom based type workshops with the option for 1-2-1 tuition at our Central London training centre.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for managers, board members and budget holders across all sectors who need to know about organisational finance to help improve the profitability and performance of their business. Finance skills for non-financial managers are suitable for people who have little or no knowledge of finance.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.
Course Completion Certificate awarded by Acudemy.
Training Course Content
- profit and loss accounts and how to understand them
- reading an income and expenditure account and analysing the finance flows within your organisation
- cash and accruals accounting showing how each is used
- terminology associated with income and expenditure accounting
- communicating effectively with finance professionals
- analysing trends in financial flows and formulating appropriate questions
- reading a balance sheet and analysing the financial position of the organisation
- how an asset register is used
- analysing your accounts
- constructing a cash flow statement from narrative information
- the different rules for charity accounting under the Charity SORP and the presentation of company and housing association accounts
- the budgeting process
- how budgeting relates to strategic objectives and good governance
- constructing a budget
- estimating costs and income accurately for budget purposes
- using management accounts to understand the past and forecast the future
- cost centres - understanding how they are used in your organisation
- nominal, purchase and sales ledgers
- using bench-marking in constructing a budget
- distinguishing between fixed and variable costs
- using the concepts of break-even pricing
- a template to forecast the effects of changing costs, sales volume and price
- evaluating opportunity costs
- a year of free support
Acudemy Training - Expert Training in Accountancy, Finance, Process Management, Project Management, Leadership & Management Skills.
Acudemy provides recognised and bespoke training within specialised fields of Finance and Management. Our offering has been specifically designed to help individuals achieve their educational and career goals. We currently offer classroom based learning which serves the London area with...
Find out more about this Finance for Non Financial Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!