Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This Managerial Accounting Course has been designed for anyone interested in getting to grips with the basics of accounting theory, and who wish to acquire some insight into the accounts produced within a variety of business organisations.
Upcoming start dates
14 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites or entry requirements, as long as you want to get more experience in the field of finance, this is the right place for you.
Who’s it for?
This course is for managers, board members and budget holders across all sectors who need to know about organisational finance to help improve the profitability and performance of their business. Finance skills for non-financial managers are suitable for people who have little or no knowledge of finance.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Course Completion Certificate awarded by Acudemy.
Training Course Content
- profit and loss accounts and how to understand them
- reading an income and expenditure account and analysing the finance flows within your organisation
- cash and accruals accounting showing how each is used
- terminology associated with income and expenditure accounting
- communicating effectively with finance professionals
- analysing trends in financial flows and formulating appropriate questions
- reading a balance sheet and analysing the financial position of the organisation
- how an asset register is used
- analysing your accounts
- constructing a cash flow statement from narrative information
- the different rules for charity accounting under the Charity SORP and the presentation of company and housing association accounts
- the budgeting process
- how budgeting relates to strategic objectives and good governance
- constructing a budget
- estimating costs and income accurately for budget purposes
- using management accounts to understand the past and forecast the future
- cost centres - understanding how they are used in your organisation
- nominal, purchase and sales ledgers
- using bench-marking in constructing a budget
- distinguishing between fixed and variable costs
- using the concepts of break-even pricing
- a template to forecast the effects of changing costs, sales volume and price
- evaluating opportunity costs
- a year of free support
Why choose Acudemy Training
100% certified & specialised trainers delivering face-to-face, webinars and on-site courses
5 locations where courses are being delivered, with a concentration on Central London
More than 90% of satisfied individuals and organisations (2000+ students trained so far)
Average rating 4.6
The trainer was very friendly and patient
The trainer was clear, knowledgeable and covered everything in a way that made it easy to understand. Very well contextualised for people working across different industries and...
Really like the trainer, he was really friendly, patient and made the content interesting
0% Interest Free payments available.
ACUDEMY - MAKING LEARNING SIMPLE
ACUDEMY is a Global training provider of bespoke and accredited courses. Reskill or Upskill for the modern workplace. Outdated competency frameworks are a thing of the past. Upskill or Reskill with popular leading programmes that are focused on Outcome rather...