Warehouse Management Classroom CourseApprise Consulting Ltd (Training Division)
Warehouse Management Classroom Course
All available course dates
Warehouse Management (Classroom course)
A well-managed warehouse is now recognised as a potential major source of competitive advantage as opposed to just another source of cost before product reaches the customer. To achieve this competitive advantage, it is important to choose the right type of operation, processes and equipment and then understand and continuously improve performance through appropriate measures and controls.
The courses are designed to be interactive, with input from an experienced tutor-practitioner and a range of activities and exercises to allow participants to experiment in the use of new ideas in a safe learning environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Supervisors, middle managers and those who want a greater appreciation of how to run a cost effective and efficient warehouse.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will gain comprehensive knowledge in the following:
- The role and functions of the warehouse in today’s supply chain
- Discover the many different types of warehouses and how to develop an appropriate warehouse strategy and network for your business, including the outsourcing process.
- Warehouse operations, procedures and processes
- Understand how, from receiving to despatch, all operations can be performed with greater efficiency using technology and manpower in the most efficient and effective ways, including the functionality of a warehouse management system for planning, monitoring and control.
- How technology can be used to best advantage in the warehouse
- Learn from case studies how other companies have improved their operational productivity and delivery performance using the latest technologies and equipment for warehouse planning, materials handling and storage.
- Warehouse cost management and performance controls
- Analyse the potential sources of cost in the warehouse and their relationship to performance. Gain hands-on practice in calculating key performance indicators and identify the most effective way to present your analysis.
Training Course Content
A. What are the challenges facing warehouse managers today?
B. Warehouse functions
- Receiving and put-away or cross-dock
- Packing and despatch
Exercise: ABC analysis
Other management issues
- Safety and environment
- Stock counting
C. Introducing the new warehouse technologies
- Summary of warehouse technologies
- Functions and role of the warehouse management system (WMS)
- Automatic identification methods
- Modelling and simulation systems
D. Warehouse planning
- Warehouse layout
- Storage methods and equipment
- Warehouse automation
- Materials handling methods and equipment
E. Planning of management issues
- Risk planning
- Warehouse legislation
- Health and safety and environment
Exercise: Hazard identification
F. Warehouse cost management
- Sources of cost and cost drivers
- Calculating costs and rates
- Activity-based costing
Exercise: Resource planning
G. Performance management and improvement
- Productivity standards
- Performance indicators and control methods
Exercise: Identifying and agreeing KPIs
Day 3 Optional
- Role of the warehouse in the supply chain
- Discussion: What is a warehouse REALLY for?
- Elements of warehousing strategy
- Developing a warehouse strategy
Course delivery details
The course will run from 0900 to 1700 hrs over the two days with sufficient breaks.
the course will be run by Gwynne Richards, FCILT, FITOL. The course includes videos, exercises, practical examples and case studies. Individual participant issues can also be discussed.
Why choose Apprise Consulting Ltd (Training Division)
Founded in 2003
Clients include Coca-Cola,
BT, IG Design, One Stop Stores, Robert Dyas, Unipart, Flipkart and many other household names
Courses are interactive providing solutions to
your real life problems
£625 plus VAT
This is a CILT accredited short course. This course provides the participant with sufficient knowledge to contemplate a level 5 or higher course in Warehouse Management
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Apprise Consulting Ltd (Training Division)
Apprise Consulting is a logistics and supply chain consultancy and training company. We formed in 2003 and have been assisting companies globally to improve their logistics and supply chain operations through consultancy and training. The training courses provided include Warehouse...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Find out more about this Warehouse Management Classroom Course course - simply fill out your details: