Advance Steel - Live Online Training
Advance Steel training for new users, teaching the key functionality, tools, commands and workflows available in Autodesk Advance Steel for designing 3D steel structures and models.
Working on a sample model being built from the ground up, you’ll learn how to use Advance Steel to create beams, columns, plates, and connection elements such as bolts, holes and welds. You’ll also learn how to produce Bills of Materials, schedules and drawings for your model.
The Armada approach to live online training:
We do everything possible to make your experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- Your course is Autodesk-accredited, hosted by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) with vast experience of using Advance Steel professionally.
- You can see and hear our trainer, the other delegates and our trainer’s screen.
- Our trainer and the other delegates can see you (via your webcam) and hear you.
- We’ll provide your training guide as a PDF, and make the course files and resources available for you to download.
- Your training is hands-on: you’ll practice and carry out exercises throughout.
- If you need assistance, you can share your screen with our trainer, and pass control to them.
- You’ll receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Autodesk-accredited Advance Steel course.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who wants to start designing designing 3D steel structures using the Autodesk Advance Steel application.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A certificate from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited Advance Steel training course.
Our intensive 2day LIVE online Autodesk Advance Steel training course covers the following course content:
Getting started with Autodesk Advance Steel
- The basics – beams, plates, connections and structures
- The Advance Steel user interface
- Ribbon tabs
- Advance Steel tools
- Advance Steel palettes
- The file and folder structure
- The User Coordinate System (UCS)
- Changing viewpoints and visual styles
- Navigating through the model
- Use of layers
Beams and columns
- Beam features
- Drawing beams individually and using macros
- Cutting and shaping beams
- Notch contours
- Creating plates of all types and shapes
- Cutting and shaping plates
- Flat plates
- Folded plates
- Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Bolt schedules
- Loading lists
- Locating points in the Drawing Window
Course delivery details
Our live online training is hosted over Zoom. This training is really hands-on, interactive, and practical.
Our trainers teach the necessary theory then demonstrate techniques step-by-step. You then practice the techniques taught on your own computer running Advance Steel software.
There’s plenty of time to ask questions, and you can take away all the files you create.
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.