AutoCAD Electrical Essentials - 2-day introductory online AutoCAD Electrical course for beginners in all industries.
This AutoCAD Electrical Essentials course provides beginners with a comprehensive introduction to the AutoCAD Electrical software, giving delegates all of the skills needed for 2D electrical design and drafting.
Hands-on exercises are used to create 2D electrical drawings and to provide candidates with through understanding of the principal AutoCAD Electrical drawing commands and techniques. These techniques can be applied across a broad spectrum of industries.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Navigate the AutoCAD Electrical user interface.
- Build diagrams and panel layouts.
- Develop and manage drawings of electrical controls.
- Use techniques for increasing their productivity
Delegates need to have a good working knowledge of AutoCAD to be able to participate in this course. If not, we offer a bundle where you can attend our AutoCAD Essentials course alongside this one for a very discounted rate.
Our approach to live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home. You can:
- See and hear our trainer and the other delegates, and see our trainer’s screen.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- It is presented by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACIs), following the same syllabus.
- You’ll receive a comprehensive training guide.
- You’ll carry out exercises using the software you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You'll receive an e-certificate directly from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Electrical Essentials training is ideal for:
- Newcomers to AutoCAD Electrical
- Users with a small amount of AutoCAD Electrical experience
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and this AutoCAD Electrical Essentials course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited AutoCAD Electrical training course.
We also offer our AutoCAD Electrical Essentials course at our Bromsgrove venue, with in-class attendance. We offer a free daily taxi from Central Birmingham to our training centre.
Delegates can enjoy fantastic facilities at our venues, with lunch and refreshments included.
Training Course Content
This course typically covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the course
- Overview of AutoCAD Electrical
- Overview of screen layout
Understanding project files
- Creating a new project
- WDF project files
- Project Manager interface
Electrical schematic drawing
- Wire numbering
- Component tagging
- Electrical control circuits
- Schematic symbol libraries
- Editing commands
Working with PLC sumbols
- Insert PLC (parametric)
- Insert PLC (full units)
- Insert Individual PLC I/O points
- PLC based tagging
- Spreadsheet to PLC I/O utility
Creating custom symbols
- Creating of schematic symbols
- Naming convention
- Icon menu wizard
- AutoCAD Electrical databases
Terminal plan drawing
- Insert terminal symbol
- Manipulation of the terminal plan
- Multiple level terminals
- Multiple insert component command
- Insert jumpers
- Terminal strip editor
- DIN Rail command
- Save an external file
- Put on drawing
- Configure report templates
- Running automatic reports
- Electrical audit
Why choose Armada
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses
Over 700 delegates attended our AutoCAD courses in 2019
4.9 Star Google Review rating
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, posted out to delegates ahead of their course.
Discounts available for multiple bookings.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
295 GBP-450 GBP