AutoCAD Intermediate - Live Online TrainingArmada
AutoCAD Intermediate - Live Online Training
All available course dates
AutoCAD Intermediate - Live Online Training
AutoCAD Intermediate - 3-day Live online training course for AutoCAD users in all industries. Online training lets you join a live training course from your place of work or home.
Looking to build on your existing AutoCAD skills? Want to increase your productivity in AutoCAD? This AutoCAD Intermediate course teaches delegates how to use AutoCAD's more advanced features and commands, becoming more productive in its use.
Hands-on exercises are used to create 2D production drawings and to provide candidates with through understanding of the principal AutoCAD drawing commands and techniques. These techniques can be applied across a broad spectrum of industries.
The Armada approach to live online AutoCAD training
We do everything possible to make your experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- Your course is Autodesk-accredited, hosted by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) with vast experience of using AutoCAD professionally.
- You’ll see and hear your trainer and the other delegates, and be able to view your trainer’s screen.
- Your trainer and the other delegates will see and hear you.
- You'll receive the same training guide as in-class delegates. Choose from a PDF or printed, bound guide.
- Your training is hands-on: you’ll practice and carry out exercises throughout. We’ll make the course files and resources you’ll use available for you to download.
- If you need assistance, you can share your screen with your trainer, and pass control to them.
- You’ll receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Autodesk-accredited AutoCAD course.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support.
- If you don’t have access to AutoCAD, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional AutoCAD trial software to download and install.
Self-funders can spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Intermediate training is ideal for existing users of AutoCAD.
Delegates should be familiar with the fundamentals of AutoCAD, i.e. have attended AutoCAD Essentials training or have equivalent knowledge.
Online delegates need to have use of a computer to participate in the training, to carry out exercises throughout. A stable internet connection, webcam, and mouse are also essential.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the AutoCAD Intermediate course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited AutoCAD training course.
Autodesk offers a program of professional certification for which Armada is an authorised Autodesk Certification Centre (ACC). All delegates attending AutoCAD Intermediate training at Armada are eligible to take an exam, either at the end of their course or on a later date, in order to gain 'Autodesk-certified' status for AutoCAD.
Training Course Content
This course typically covers the following topics:
Advanced drawing techniques
- Working with splines
- Creating advanced polylines
- Isometric drawings
Tables and table styles
- Creating a table style
- Importing from and exporting to tables
Working with reusable content
- Advanced tool palettes
- Autodesk Seek
Using Macros for Customisation
Customising the User Interface
Using system variables
- Creating a dynamic block
- Adding an action
- Adding a parameter
- Creating multiple shapes in one block
- Creating parametric objects
- Using structural constraints
- Using AutoConstrain
- Using formulae
- Creating user-defined attributes
- Creating field-driven attributes
- Editing attributes
- Text fields
- Data Extraction
External references (Xrefs)
- Raster Images
- Drawing files
- Overlay vs attachment
- Team collaboration
- Using eTransmit for distribution
Draw order User Coordinate Systems (UCS)
- Working with the World Coordinate System (WCS)
- Setting custom UCS
- Saving multiple UCS
Importing PDF files
- Controlling the PDF display
- Importing a PDF as an AutoCAD drawing
Advanced dimension styles
- Dimension sub styles
- Using the dimension tool
- Dimension tolerancing
Multileader styles Wipeouts and revision clouds Annotative behaviour
- Creating and using annotative text
- Creating and using Dimensions
- Creating and using Leaders
- Creating and using blocks
- Creating and using hatching
Advanced use of layer groups and filters
- Creating a group filter
- Layer visibility within a viewport
Advanced layouts and paper space
- Advanced creation techniques
- Viewport manipulation
- Creating custom viewport scales
- Named views
Line weight control (pen setup)
- Object line weight
- Layer line weight
- Colour line weight (CTB files)
Advanced plotting and exporting
- Sheet sets
- Batch plotting
- Exporting DWF and DWFX files
Setting up and configuring AutoCAD
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, posted out to delegates prior to the course. Discounts available for multiple bookings. Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Armada can also provide 'on-request' AutoCAD training, either one-to-one or exclusively for your group. This can be hosted remotely, or at our training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Sheffield, Reading, Milton Keynes, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Following AutoCAD Intermediate, we also offer AutoCAD 3D (2 days)training.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.