Autodesk 3ds Max - EssentialsArmada
3ds Max Essentials - Autodesk-accredited introductory 3-day training course for beginners
This three-day 3ds Max Essentials course provides an ideal starter for users of 3ds Max from all industries and backgrounds. Delegates are introduced to the basic principles, features and functionality of 3ds Max, and then taught the key techniques & theory needed to use the applications effectively.
The course is brief and intensive, with a strong focus on hands-on exercises that are primarily generic, but also made relevant to a participant's specific industry (game development, film, architecture etc.), where appropriate.
Armada is an authorised Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) and courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACI's) with extensive knowledge of using 3ds Max in industry.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 3ds Max Essentials course is ideal for new users or 3ds Max from all industries, including:
- Architects, interior designers and engineers.
- Game developers.
- Artists and animators who product film and video content.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows. No previous experience of CAD or 3D rendering is required.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry here.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and this 3ds Max Essentials training course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited 3ds Max training course.
3ds Max professional certification
Autodesk offers a program of professional certification for which Armada is an authorised Autodesk Certification Centre (ACC). Delegates have the option of taking an exam, either at the end of their course or on a later date, in order to gain Autodesk-certified status in 3ds Max.
This 3ds Max Essentials training course is hosted at our centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Milton Keynes, Reading and Sheffield.
For our Bromsgrove courses, we offer a free daily taxi service from Central Birmingham to our training centre.
Delegates can enjoy fantastic facilities at our centres, with lunch and refreshments included.
Training Course Content
The course is generally structured as follows:
- Understanding the 3D environment
- Touring the interace
- Command panels
- Other UI elements
- Starting a project
- Saving files
- Merging files
- File linking
- Setting preferences correctly
- Object creation
- Object selection
- Scene management
- Transform tools
- Coordinate systems
- Align tools
- Making duplicates
- Other transforms
- Basic concepts
- Modifier examples
- Modelling with 3D geometry
- AEC techniques
- Spline theory
- Creating and editing 2D spline shapes
- Create 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Working with splines
- Using shape modifiers
- Using lofts
- Creating multiple model concepts from one idea
- Polygon theory
- Creating and editing 3D polygon objects
- Add detail to the building concept lab
Materials and Mapping
- The principles of materials and surfaces
- Introduction to the materials editor
- Different types of material
- Applying materials
- Using 2D maps
- Introduction to UVW mapping
- Editing UVW map coordinates
- Applying materials and maps
- Introduction to mental ray materials
- Applying and editing mental ray materials
- Applying mental ray materials
- Camera nd
- The nd
- Camera paths
- Introduction to direct lighting
- Creating 3 point and dome lighting rigs
- Shadows and shadow theory
- How to get the most from using shadows by adjusting their parameters
- Using sky light and light tracer for external scenes
- Colour light theory
- Using lights in mental ray
- The daylight system
- Photorealistic lighting using global illumination and final gather in mental ray
- General principles
- Working with key-frames
- Animating objects
- Working with the track view editor
- Animating an object with Autokey
- Understanding animation controllers
- Working with object heirachies
- Animating bipeds
- Render scene dialog
- Scene state
- Batch reminder
Course fees are inclusive of a comprehensive training guide, refreshments and a buffet lunch. Discounts available for multiple bookings. Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Armada can also provide on-request 3ds Max training, either one-to-one or exclusively for your group. This can be hosted at Armada's training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Reading, Sheffield, Milton Keynes, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Following 3ds Max Essentials training, we also offer an Advanced 3ds Max Production Pipeline course.
This is an intensive 5 day course which will teach you the advanced 3ds Max skills you need to meet the needs of next-generation production pipelines. On completion, you will be able to:
- Manage complex data.
- Build environments for games and visualisations.
- Create characters and vehicles.
- Master advanced tools specific used in production pipelines.
Armada is an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) and Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC) with 10 years of experience providing specialist training courses for professional staff, including: Users of the Adobe Creative Suite, Technical Communication Suite, Web Development and E-learning products;...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!