Autodesk 3ds Max Essentials - Beginners Live Online TrainingArmada
3ds Max Essentials -Autodesk-accredited Live Online introductory 3-day training course for beginners. Online training lets you join a live training course from your place of work or home.
This three-day 3ds Max Essentials course provides an ideal starter for users of 3ds Max from all industries and backgrounds. Delegates are introduced to the basic principles, features and functionality of 3ds Max, and then taught the key techniques & theory needed to use the applications effectively.
The course is brief and intensive, with a strong focus on hands-on exercises that are primarily generic, but also made relevant to a participant's specific industry(game development, film, architecture etc.), where appropriate.
Our approach to Online training
When you attend our Live Online Training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
- See and hear our trainer and other virtual delegates participating in the training.
- Allow our trainer and the other virtual delegates to see and hear you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- The training will follow the same syllabus, and will be hosted by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACIs), as our classroom-based courses.
- We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
- You’ll carry out exercises using the software you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You'll receive an e-certificate from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course, and be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
Armada is an authorised Autodesk Training Centre (ATC)and courses are hosted by Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACI's)with extensive knowledge of using 3ds Max in industry.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 3ds Max Essentials course is ideal for new users or 3ds Max from all industries, including:
- Architects, interior designers and engineers.
- Game developers.
- Artists and animators who product film and video content.
Online / virtual delegates must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows. They need access to a Windows computer, running 3ds Max, to use throughout the course. If 3ds Max is not installed on the computer, Armada can provide details of free trial software to download prior to the course commencing.
No previous experience of CAD or 3D rendering is required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and this 3ds Max Essentialst raining course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited 3ds Max training course.
3ds Max Design Essentials course information
Training is based primarily on 3ds Max 2018, running on Windows. Most techniques taught are relevant to all recent versions of the application.
Training Course Content
The course is generally structured as follows:
- Understanding the 3D environment
- Touring the interace
- Command panels
- Other UI elements
- Starting a project
- Saving files
- Merging files
- File linking
- Setting preferences correctly
- Object creation
- Object selection
- Scene management
- Transform tools
- Coordinate systems
- Align tools
- Making duplicates
- Other transforms
- Basic concepts
- Modifier examples
- Modelling with 3D geometry
- AEC techniques
- Spline theory
- Creating and editing 2D spline shapes
- Create 3D objects from 2D shapes
- Working with splines
- Using shape modifiers
- Using lofts
- Creating multiple model concepts from one idea
- Polygon theory
- Creating and editing 3D polygon objects
- Add detail to the building concept lab
Materials and Mapping
- The principles of materials and surfaces
- Introduction to the materials editor
- Different types of material
- Applying materials
- Using 2D maps
- Introduction to UVW mapping
- Editing UVW map coordinates
- Applying materials and maps
- Introduction to mental ray materials
- Applying and editing mental ray materials
- Applying mental ray materials
- Camera nd
- The nd
- Camera paths
- Introduction to direct lighting
- Creating 3 point and dome lighting rigs
- Shadows and shadow theory
- How to get the most from using shadows by adjusting their parameters
- Using sky light and light tracer for external scenes
- Colour light theory
- Using lights in mental ray
- The daylight system
- Photorealistic lighting using global illumination and final gather in mental ray
- General principles
- Working with key-frames
- Animating objects
- Working with the track view editor
- Animating an object with Autokey
- Understanding animation controllers
- Working with object heirachies
- Animating bipeds
- Render scene dialog
- Scene state
- Batch reminder
Why choose Armada
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses
Over 700 delegates attended our AutoCAD courses in 2019
4.9 Star Google Review rating
Course fees are inclusive of a comprehensive training guide, refreshments and a buffet lunch. Discounts available for multiple bookings. Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Armada can also provide on-request 3ds Max training, either one-to-one or exclusively for your group. This can be hosted Remotely, or at Armada's training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Reading, Sheffield, Milton Keynes, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Following 3ds Max Essentials training, we also offer an Advanced 3ds Max Production Pipeline course.
This is an intensive 5 day course which will teach you the advanced 3ds Max skills you need to meet the needs of next-generation production pipelines. On completion, you will be able to:
- Manage complex data.
- Build environments for games and visualisations.
- Create characters and vehicles.
- Master advanced tools specific used in production pipelines.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
295 GBP-450 GBP