Alias Essentials - 3-day introductory Alias course for beginners, teaching key techniques for sketching, product design and visualisation.
Alias is a powerful surfacing and designing software used widely in industries with a requirement to design and style. It offers a comprehensive toolset that enables designers to transfer their ideas into reality.
- Overview of the Alias interface.
- An introduction to the principles of basic curve and surface creation and geometry manipulation.
- Concept surfacing and technical surfacing.
- Overview of industry surface modelling best practises and procedures.
This is an Autodesk-authorised course, run by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI).
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Alias Essentials training is ideal for anyone who wants to begin using the Alias software.
This course is relevant to anyone in the following industries:
- Sports equipment
- Consumer product industries
- And many more
No prior Alias software experience is necessary. Experience using an Autodesk application such as AutoCAD is beneficial but not essential.
To find out if this course is right for you, please send an enquiry here.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the Alias Essentials course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited Alias training course.
This course typically covers the following topics:
Getting Started with Autodesk Alias
- Introduction to Alias
- Basic Terms used in Alias
- Representation of Curves
- Representation of Surfaces
- Alias products: Alias AutoStudio, Alias Surface, Alias Design
- The Alias Interface
- History View
- Windows Layouts
- Marking Menus
- Viewing Panels
- Workflows in Alias
- Understanding Symbols in Menu, Palette, and Shelves Window
- Hot Keys
- Creating Customized Schemes
- Object Lister Window
- Different States of Node
Working with Basic Tools
- Introduction to Basic Tools
- Selecting Tools
- Methods of Creating Objects
- Creating Keypoint Curves
- Features of a Curve
- Creating Curves
- Creating Primitives
- Pick Tools
- Transform Tools
- Shading Objects in View Windows
Working with Surfaces
- Creating Surfaces
- Editing Features
- Editing Keypoint Curves
- Construction Objects
- Working with Layers
- Controlling the Display of Objects
- Controlling the Visibility of Objects
- Secondary Surfaces
- Creating a Fillet Surface
- Creating Freeform Blend Surface
- Creating a Profile Blend Surface
- Modifying the Objects Proportionally
- Moving the CVs Normally
- Generating Curves-on-Surface
- Duplicating Objects
Advanced Surface Modelling Tools
- Advanced Surfaces
- Creating a Rail Surface
- Creating a Square Surface
- Creating N-Sided Surfaces
- Creating Multi-Surface Drafts
- Transforming the CVs and Hulls
- Advanced Modelling
- Refining the Edges of Surfaces
- Editing Curves
- Modifying a Curve
- Breaking Curves
- Sectioning a Group of Curves
- Editing Objects
- Attaching Objects
- Detaching an Object
- Inserting Edit Points into an Object
- Extending an Object
- Offsetting Objects
- Setting the Surface Orientation
- Unifying the Normals of Surfaces
Advanced Modelling and Editing Tools
- Dynamic Shape Modelling
- Dynamic Shape Modelling Tools
- Understanding Curve Networks
Working with Meshes
- Creating Meshes
- Projection on Mesh
- Mesh Partitioning Operations
- Defects in Meshes
- Repairing Meshes
Basics of Rendering
- Introduction to Rendering
- Key Rendering Techniques in Alias
This Alias Essentials training course is hosted at our Bromsgrove centre, and we offer a free taxi service to and from Central Birmingham.
Delegates can enjoy fantastic facilities at our centres, with lunch and refreshments included.
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, refreshments and a buffet lunch. Discounts are available for multiple bookings. Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Armada can also provide on-request Alias training, either one-to-one or exclusively for your group. This can be hosted at our training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Milton Keynes, Reading, Sheffield, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
Armada is an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) and Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC) with 10 years of experience providing specialist training courses for professional staff, including: Users of the Adobe Creative Suite, Technical Communication Suite, Web Development and E-learning products;...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!