Alias Essentials - 3-day Online introductory Alias course for beginners, teaching key techniques for sketching, product design and visualisation.
Live online training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home.
Alias is a powerful surfacing and designing software used widely in industries with a requirement to design and style. It offers a comprehensive toolset that enables designers to transfer their ideas into reality.
- Overview of the Alias interface.
- An introduction to the principles of basic curve and surface creation and geometry manipulation.
- Concept surfacing and technical surfacing.
- Overview of industry surface modelling best practises and procedures.
Our approach to live online training
Live online training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home. You can:
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates.
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
Share your screen with our trainer.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- It is presented by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACIs), following the same syllabus.
- You’ll receive a comprehensive training guide.
- You’ll carry out exercises using the software you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You'll receive an e-certificate directly from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
When you attend live online training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
If you are self-funding your training, you can spread the cost over 12
This is an Autodesk-authorised course, run by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI).
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Alias Essentials training is ideal for anyone who wants to begin using the Alias software.
This course is relevant to anyone in the following industries:
- Sports equipment
- Consumer product industries
- And many more
No prior Alias software experience is necessary. Experience using an Autodesk application such as AutoCAD is beneficial but not essential.
To find out if this course is right for you, please send an enquiry here.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the Alias Essentials course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited Alias training course.
This course typically covers the following topics:
Getting Started with Autodesk Alias
- Introduction to Alias
- Basic Terms used in Alias
- Representation of Curves
- Representation of Surfaces
- Alias products: Alias AutoStudio, Alias Surface, Alias Design
- The Alias Interface
- History View
- Windows Layouts
- Marking Menus
- Viewing Panels
- Workflows in Alias
- Understanding Symbols in Menu, Palette, and Shelves Window
- Hot Keys
- Creating Customized Schemes
- Object Lister Window
- Different States of Node
Working with Basic Tools
- Introduction to Basic Tools
- Selecting Tools
- Methods of Creating Objects
- Creating Keypoint Curves
- Features of a Curve
- Creating Curves
- Creating Primitives
- Pick Tools
- Transform Tools
- Shading Objects in View Windows
Working with Surfaces
- Creating Surfaces
- Editing Features
- Editing Keypoint Curves
- Construction Objects
- Working with Layers
- Controlling the Display of Objects
- Controlling the Visibility of Objects
- Secondary Surfaces
- Creating a Fillet Surface
- Creating Freeform Blend Surface
- Creating a Profile Blend Surface
- Modifying the Objects Proportionally
- Moving the CVs Normally
- Generating Curves-on-Surface
- Duplicating Objects
Advanced Surface Modelling Tools
- Advanced Surfaces
- Creating a Rail Surface
- Creating a Square Surface
- Creating N-Sided Surfaces
- Creating Multi-Surface Drafts
- Transforming the CVs and Hulls
- Advanced Modelling
- Refining the Edges of Surfaces
- Editing Curves
- Modifying a Curve
- Breaking Curves
- Sectioning a Group of Curves
- Editing Objects
- Attaching Objects
- Detaching an Object
- Inserting Edit Points into an Object
- Extending an Object
- Offsetting Objects
- Setting the Surface Orientation
- Unifying the Normals of Surfaces
Advanced Modelling and Editing Tools
- Dynamic Shape Modelling
- Dynamic Shape Modelling Tools
- Understanding Curve Networks
Working with Meshes
- Creating Meshes
- Projection on Mesh
- Mesh Partitioning Operations
- Defects in Meshes
- Repairing Meshes
Basics of Rendering
- Introduction to Rendering
- Key Rendering Techniques in Alias
Why choose Armada
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses
Over 700 delegates attended our AutoCAD courses in 2019
4.9 Star Google Review rating
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, posted out ahead of the training.
Discounts are available for multiple bookings.
Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
295 GBP-450 GBP