Creating Successful Requests for Proposals - 1 day Writing Skills Course - Bespoke, In-House Training
When in search of a service, Requests For Proposals (RFPs) or Invitations to Tender (ITTs) are a common business task. Not only are they a valuable source of information, but they set the tone for effective communication between an organisation and its vendors, fostering a productive relationship.
This one day bespoke, in-house course in Creating Successful RFPs combines lecture and practical exercises to enable teams to plan, structure, develop and write high-quality RFPs. Over the course of the day, delegates will learn the following:
- Writing quality, clear requirements
- Writing technical requirements
- Writing requirements aimed at management
- Requesting correct vendor qualification details and references
- Requesting pricing details
All course material is delivered by expert instructors and within the context of each team or organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Creating Successful Requests for Proposals course is ideally suited to teams falling into either of the following categories:
- Business professionals required to create RFPs for new projects and initiatives
- Business and technical professionals involved in evaluating or reporting on RFPs
This course is available on-request for groups, companies and one-on-one study either at Armada's training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Milton Keynes, Reading, Sheffield, or your venue anywhere in the UK.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry here.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, all delegates will receive an e-Certificate confirming attendance and completion.
Training Course Content
This Requests for Proposals (RFP) Writing course will cover the following material, according to the circumstances of each team or organisation.
RFP Planning and Development
- What is an RFP?
- Requests for information (RFI)
- Developing the project
RFP Overview and Administrative Information
- RFP of the business
- RFP of the problem/opportunity
- Adminsitrative information
Writing High-Quality Requirements
- What are requirements?
- Insutry insight: poor requirements
- Solution vs. project scope
- Types of requirements in an RFP
Requirements Writing Techniques
- Traditional requirements
- Writing operational concepts
Writing the Technical Requriements Section
- What are technical requirements?
Writing the Management Requirements Section
- What are management requirements?
- Project plan
- Project schedule
- Delivery and installation
- Maintenance and support
- Internal business standards
Vendor Qualification and References
- Vendor history
- Offerings and capabilities
- vendor/manufacturer relationships
- Evidence for skills required in his project
- Financial resources
- Reference sites
- Questions for vendors providing a vendor's selection
- Pricing using a template
- Pricing breakdowns
- Validating prices
- Pricing issues
Contracts and Licenses
- Types of contracts and licenses
- Evaluation guidelines
- Evaluation criteria
- Identifying evaluation criteria
- Applying the criteria
- Best and final offers
- After the decision
In-house, bespoke training with Armada offers companies a cost-effective solution to employee development. Included in course fees are the following:
- All courseware and exercise materials
- Tools, documents and templates for use in the workplace
- 30 days of after-course email support
For a customised price quote, please enquire here.
Armada is an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) and Adobe Authorised Training Centre (AATC) with 10 years of experience providing specialist training courses for professional staff, including: Users of the Adobe Creative Suite, Technical Communication Suite, Web Development and E-learning products;...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.