Introduction to SolidWorks - Live online trainingArmada
Introduction to SolidWorks - Live online training
All available course dates
Introduction to SolidWorks - Live Online Training
A 3day, comprehensive SolidWorks training course for newcomers, teaching key techniques for creating parametric parts and assemblies.
SolidWorks 3D design software helps teams around the world bring their ideas to life. It is easy to learn and use, letting you concentrate on your designs, not your CAD software.
Introduction to SolidWorks training provides a thorough grounding in SolidWorks. The topics covered include:
- Part modelling
- Shelling and ribs
- Editing: Design changes
- Assembly modelling
Throughout the course you’ll learn tips for using SolidWorks in the most productive way. Our SolidWorks training is hosted by highly-experienced CAD experts from an engineering background.
The Armada approach to live online training
You participate in a real-time training course, and we do everything possible to make your experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- You can see and hear our trainer and the other delegates.
- Our trainer and the other delegates can see you (via your webcam) and hear you.
- We’ll post you a printed training guide, and make the course files and resources available for you to download.
- Your training is hands-on: you’ll practice and carry out exercises throughout.
- If you need assistance, you can share your screen with our trainer, and pass control to them.
- You’ll receive an e-certificate confirming successful course completion.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your
Suitability - Who should attend?
This intensive short-course is ideal for new SolidWorks users, or those with minimal experience with this great application.
During our 3 day course, the following course content is covered:
- What is SolidWorks?
- File references
- Opening files
- The SolidWorks user interface
- Using the Command Manager
Introduction to sketching
- 2D sketching
- Stages in the process
- What are we going to sketch?
- Sketching and sketch entities
- Basic sketching
- Rules that govern sketches
- Design intent
- Sketch relations
- Sketching guidelines
Basic part modelling
- Design intent
- Basic modelling
- Choosing the best profile
- Choosing the sketch plane
- Details of the part
- Extrude feature
- Revolved feature
- Sketching on a planar face
- Cut feature
- Using the hole wizard
- View options
- Editing tools
- Detailing basics
- Drawing views
- Centre marks
- Changing parameters
- Edit material
- Mass properties
- File properties
- Why use patterns?
- Reference geometry
- Linear, circular and mirror patterns
- Using pattern seed only
- Sketch driven patterns
Shelling and ribs
- Full round fillets
- Thin features
Editing: Design changes
- Part editing
- Design changes
- Information from a model
- Rebuilding tools
- Sketch contours
- Creating configurations
- Using configure dimension/feature
- Using global variables, equations
- Global variables
- Modelling strategies for configurations
- Editing parts that have configurations
- Design library
- More about making drawings
- Section, model, broken and detail views
- Drawing sheets and sheet formats
- Projected views
- Creating a new assembly
- Position of the first component
- FeatureManager design tree and symbols
- Adding components
- Using part configurations in assemblies
- Smart mates
- Inserting subassemblies
- Pack and go
- Analysing the assembly
- Checking for clearances
- Changing the values of dimensions
- Bill of materials
- Assembly drawings
- Options settings
- Document templates
Please note: Course topics may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
Delegates needs access to a Windows computer running SolidWorks to use during the training. If you do not have this, please contact us and we can advise what to do.
Please contact us if you are planning on using a Mac.
A stable internet connection, and a webcam are also essential.
Armada's live online training is extremely interactive and practical. We strive to make the experience as close to being in the classroom as possible.
Course delivery details
Armada use Zoom as the platform to host live online training.
We post out printed training guides ahead of the course and make any other training materials available to delegates around one week prior to the course start date.
One of the Armada team will contact you by phone a few days prior to the course to check that you have everything you need and to answer any last-minute queries you may have.
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.