Revit Essentials - live online trainingArmada
Revit Essentials - live online training
All available course dates
Autodesk Revit Essentials - 3-day Autodesk-authorised live online training course for new users
Online training lets you join a live training course from your place of work or home.
This Autodesk Revit Essentials course provides an ideal starter for Revit for users from any industry and background, by remote attendance. Delegates learn the fundamental concepts of Building Information Modelling (BIM)and using Revit tools for architectural and structural design.
Our three-day programme combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice, providing a thorough introduction to the software's features. By the end of the training, delegates will have developed a comprehensive understanding of the techniques needed to design, analyse and visualise high quality buildings with Autodesk Revit from start to finish.
The Armada approach to live online training
You participate in the same course as in-class delegates, and we do everything possible to make your experience as close as possible to actually being in the classroom…
- Your course is Autodesk-accredited, hosted by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI) with vast experience of using the application professionally.
- You can see and hear our trainer, the other delegates and our trainer’s screen.
- Our trainer and the other delegates can see you (via your webcam) and hear you.
- We’ll post you a printed training guide, and make the course files and resources available for you to download.
- Your training is hands-on: you’ll practice and carry out exercises throughout.
- If you're learning to use an application and don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- If you need assistance, you can share your screen with our trainer, and pass control to them.
- Should you want to send a private message to your trainer, you can do so using chat.
- You’ll receive an e-certificate confirming successful completion of an Autodesk-accredited course.
- You’re entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Autodesk Revit Essentials training course is suitable for those who need to use Revit for architectural and structural design, including:
- Architects and building designers.
- Structural engineers.
- General users.
This course is relevant to both Revit and Revit LT.
Delegates should have a basic understanding of construction techniques. You do not necessarily need to have any existing CAD experience.
Online delegates need access to a Windows computer with a stable internet connection to use throughout the training.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the Autodesk Revit Essentials training course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited Revit training course.
Revit certification exams (optional)
Armada is an Autodesk Certification Centre (ACC). Delegates have the option of taking exams at a later time which lead to industry-recognised accreditations. All delegates who attend one of our courses receive a discount on the exam fees.
Training Course Content
This course typically covers the following topics:
Building Information Modelling
- Introduction to BIM
- Exploring the user interface
- Working with Revit elements and families
Viewing the Structural Model
- Working with views
- Controlling object visibility
- Working with elevation and section views
- Working with 3D views
Starting a New Project
- Setting up a project
- Setting up view templates
- Defining discipline settings
- Importing typical DWG details
- Linking a Revit model
- Coordinating linked projects
- Adding and modifying levels
- Creating and modifying grids
Detailing and Drafting
- Creating callout views
- Working with text and tags
- Working with detail views
- Working with drafting views
- Working with CAD details
Annotations and Schedules
- Adding dimensions
- Working with text and tags
- Creating legends
- Working with schedules
- Working with sheets and title blocks
- Printing sheets
- Exporting content to CAD formats
The Basics of the Building Model - columns and walls
- Adding and modifying walls
- Working with compound and vertically compound walls
- Using Editing commads
- Working with doors
- Adding and modifying windows
- Adding floor framing
- Working with beams and beam systems
- Working with structural steel frames
- Working with structural concrete beams
Floors and roofs
- Adding floors
- Creating roofs and adding structural framing
- Adding foundations
Stairs and ramps
- Creating stairs
- Creating ramps
Loading Additional Building Components
- Adding and modifying component families
Viewing the Building Model
- Managing views
- Controlling object visibility
- Working with section and elevation views
- Creating and modifying 3D views
Dimensions and Constraints
- Working with dimensions
- Applying and removing constraints
Developing the Building Model
- Creating and modifying floors
- Adding and modifying ceilings
- Adding and modifying roofs
Presentation and Visualisation Techniques
- Working with graphics
- Enhancing views
NB: This course does not include material specific to mechanical, electrical and plumbing MEP.
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Course fees are inclusive of a comprehensive training guide, posted out to delegates prior to the training commencing.
Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
We can also provide an 'on-request' course (one-to-one or for a group) either Remotely, or at our training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Sheffield, Reading, Milton Keynes, or at your venue anywhere in the UK.
Following Revit Essentials training, Armada also offers Advanced Revit training specific to your industry in:
- Advanced Revit Architecture (2 days)
- Advanced Revit Structure (2 days)
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
Average rating 5Based on 13 reviews.