Revit MEP Essentials - live online trainingArmada
Revit MEP Essentials - live online training
All available course dates
Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
3-day Live Online Autodesk-authorised training course for new users. Online training lets you join a live training course from your place of work or home.
This Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials course provides an ideal starter for Revit MEP users, without having to leave your home or office.
Delegates learn the fundamental concepts of Building Information Modelling (BIM),focusing on techniques used by mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers to design heating, cooling and piping systems.
Our three-day programme combines lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice, providing a thorough introduction to the software's features. By the end of the training, delegates will have developed a comprehensive understanding of the techniques needed to design, analyse and visualise heating, cooling and piping systems using Autodesk Revit from start to finish.
Our approach to Online training
When you attend our Live Online Training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
- See and hear our trainer and other remote delegates participating in the training.
- Allow our trainer and the other remote delegates to see and hear you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- The training will follow the same syllabus, and will be hosted by the same Autodesk Certified Instructors (ACIs), as our classroom-based courses.
- We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
- You’ll carry out exercises using the software you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You'll receive an e-certificate directly from Autodesk confirming successful completion of an accredited course. Click here to see a sample of the certificate you receive.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
This is an Autodesk-authorised course, run by an Autodesk Certified Instructor (ACI).
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials training course is suitable for mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers.
Delegates should have a basic understanding of construction techniques. You do not necessarily need to have any existing CAD experience.
Online / virtual delegates need access to a Windows computer to use throughout the training.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Armada is an Autodesk authorised Training Centre (ATC), and the Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials training course is accredited by Autodesk. Delegates receive an industry recognised e-certificate from Autodesk to confirm they have attended and successfully completed an accredited Revit training course.
Revit professional certification
Autodesk offers a program of professional certification for which Armada is an authorised Autodesk Certification Centre (ACC). Delegates have the option of taking an exam, either at the end of their course or on a later date, in order to gain 'Autodesk-certified' status in Revit. These exams cannot be taken remotely, they must be taken at our Approved Exam centre.
Training Course Content
This course typically covers the following topics:
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Introduction to BIM
- Exploring the user interface
- Working with Revit elements and families
Viewing the structural model
- Working with views
- Controlling object visibility
- Working with elevation and section views
- Working with 3D views
Starting a new project
- Setting up a project
- Setting up view templates
- Defining discipline settings
- Importing typical DWG details
- Linking a Revit model
- Coordinating linked projects
- Adding and modifying levels
- Creating and modifying grids
Starting Revit MEP projects
- Linking architectural projects
- Copying and monitoring elements
- Setting Up and Modifying Levels
Understanding Revit MEP systems
- About MEP systems
- Creating systems – overview
- Connecting components
Spaces and zones
- Creating spaces
- creating zones and colour schemes
- Preparing a project for energy analysis
- Analysing the heating and cooling loads
- Exporting for secondary analysis
- About piping systems
- Creating piping systems
- About HVAC systems
- Adding air terminals and mechanical equipment
- Adding ductwork
- Creating and modifying duct systems
- Automatic ductwork layouts
- About electrical systems
- Placing electrical components
- Creating electrical circuits
- Cable trays and conduit
- Electrical panel schedules
Annotating construction documents
- Adding detail lines and symbols
Tags and schedules
- Adding tags
- Creating schedules
- Modifying schedules
Why choose Armada
4.9 stars Google Review rating
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses in 2021
5 locations across UK and live online courses
Course fees are inclusive of a comprehensive training guide, posted out to delegates in advance of the training commencing.
Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
We can also provide an 'on-request' course (one-to-one or for a group), hosted either Remotely, or at our training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Reading, Milton Keynes, Sheffield, or at your venue anywhere in the UK.
Following Revit MEP Essentials training, we also offer Advanced Revit MEP training (2 days).
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
Average rating 5Based on 12 reviews.