Technical Author Core Skills Training - 5-day Live Online Training course has been designed to equip delegates with the skills, knowledge and expertise needed to excel in technical authoring.
Live Online Training lets you participate in a real course from your place of work or home.
Over five days, this comprehensive Technical Authoring course, teaches delegates skills in analysing your audience, structuring and designing documents, designing an effective layout and avoiding common errors.
This is an ISTC-accredited course. It is practical and 'activity-based' course that makes extensive use of practical exercises to give candidates the opportunity to gain experience in the techniques taught. They are invited to submit a sample of work to receive feedback as progress through the following three stages of the technical author programme:
- Introduction to technical authoring (1 day)
- Intermediate technical authoring (2 days)
- Advanced technical authoring (2 days)
More experienced professionals may choose to move directly to the intermediate or advanced stage, which can be taken as standalone courses, to meet their requirements.
For over two decades Armada has been a leading provider of technical authoring services. We employ and work with some of the most talented and knowledgeable technical authors in the UK. Our experience and expertise makes us ideally suited to offering technical author training.
Our approach to Online training:
When you attend Live Online Training, you’re participating in a real course, hosted by a real trainer, in real time.
- See and hear our trainer and other delegates participating in the training.
- Allow our trainer and the other delegates to see you (if you have a webcam, and you’re agreeable).
- Interact by speaking, using chat, or raising your ‘virtual hand’ if you need assistance.
- Share your screen with our trainer to show them what you’re seeing.
Your experience will be as close as is possible to actually being in the classroom…
- The training will follow the same syllabus as our classroom-based courses.
- It will be presented by the same certified trainers.
- We’ll post you a training guide, and send you all the information you need to participate in the training. We’ll even post you a headset and microphone if you need one.
- You’ll carry out exercises on the topic you’re being trained in, assisted by our trainer. If you’re learning to use an application and don’t have access to the software, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
- You’ll be entitled to 30 days’ email support from your trainer.
All you need is an internet-connected computer running Microsoft Word. The setup is simple, but if there’s anything you’re not sure about we’re always here to help.
If you haven’t got Word installed on your computer, we’ll send you a link to fully-functional trial software that you can download and install.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Technical Authoring Training Programme has been designed for new technical authors and writers looking to develop advanced technical authoring skills. It may also be highly beneficial for professionals on a different career path who have been asked to carry out technical authoring work or are considering a career in technical authoring.
Candidates must complete the introduction and intermediate stages to approach the advanced course respectively, or have equivalent knowledge.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Technical Authoring e-certificate
Upon completion of this Comprehensive Technical Authoring Training Programme, delegates receive an e-certificate confirming that they have attended and successfully completed an ISTC-accredited course.
Training Course Content
Our Technical Authoring Training Programme is structured as follows:
Day 1: Introduction to technical authoring
- Know your audience
- How to structure your documents
- Write from a design
- Skills of writing - 12 golden rules
- Punctuation and grammar
- Document layout
- Reviewing and proof reading
Days 2 and 3: Intermediate technical authoring
- Basics of technical writing
- The technical writing process
- Creating effective content and structure
- Clarity in technical writing
- Consistency and correctness
- Putting it all together
Days 4 and 5: Advanced technical authoring
- Defining readability
- Business and design standards for technical documentation
- Creating better graphics
- Checking document integrity
- Writing for multiple platforms
- Grammar issues
- Editing and writing with others
Why choose Armada
Over 96% delegate experience rating on our Autodesk courses
Over 700 delegates attended our AutoCAD courses in 2019
4.9 Star Google Review rating
Course fees are inclusive of all relevant course documentation, including comprehensive courseware.
Delegates are also entitled to 30 days' after-course support via email.
We can also provide an on-request course (one-to-one or for a group) Remotely, or at one of our training centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham), Bristol, Reading, Sheffield, Milton Keynes, or at your venue anywhere in the UK.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
We specialise in: CAD design training. Our expert trainers cover the most popular CAD applications including AutoCAD, Revit, Fusion 360, SketchUp, 3ds Max, used across all industries - architecture, engineering, interior design and others. Creative, video and animation training -...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!