NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk ManagementAstutis Ltd
NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management - A 4 day training course + half-day exam
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Course is designed to equip holders to help their organisations to meet their legal duties regarding fire safety. The training takes place over 4 days and ends with a half-day examination.
The course covers the principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire.
On completion of this NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course you will have:
- An understanding of how to undertake fire risk assessments in most, low risk workplaces.
- A sound understanding of the principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire.
- The practical element of the course also ensures that you can carry out, unaided, a fire risk assessment of a low risk workplace.
- Ability to prepare a recommendations report for management.
- The opportunity for those that have already achieved NGC1 within the last five years to simply take other units to achieve additional NEBOSH qualifications.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course is suitable for:
- Employees with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace.
- Employees tasked with carrying out fire risk assessments and preventing loss of life and property.
- Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation.
You must have successfully completed the NEBOSH NGC1 exam in the past 5 years to receive the full NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The NEBOSH National Fire Safety Certificate sits at Level 6 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework, equivalent to Level 3 on the NQF/QCF in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The qualification meets the academic requirements to apply for Technician membership (TechIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety.
Training Course Content
This NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course covers the new legislation on fire safety, assisting employers to meet their legal duties, enabling them to safeguard their people and organisation. It is split into two units:
Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of Fire and Explosion
- Causes and Prevention of Fires and Explosion
- Fire Protection in Buildings
- Safety of People in the Event of Fire
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Unit FC2: Fire Safety Practical Application
This course requires you to have completed NGC1 within the past 5 years.
The cost of this NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course is £895 + VAT (London price £995 + VAT)
- Price includes all examination fees.
- Includes comprehensive course notes.
- Includes lunch and refreshments each day.
In company training option
If you have a number of staff who need to be trained on this course, there are significant savings to be made by holding a course at or close to your premises. We can even ‘own brand’ your course by using your company logo in the course materials and tailoring examples to be company and sector specific.
Astutis is a leading provider of accredited NEBOSH, IOSH & IEMA training courses which are recognised by organisations around the world. With over 50 years of combined experience in managing the successful delivery of hundreds of courses to thousands of delegates,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!