Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
NEBOSH National General CertificateAstutis Ltd
NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) in Occupational Health and Safety - 10 day course
The NEBOSH National General Certificateis widely recognised as the qualification to have for all professionals in the Health & Safety industry. If you have health and safety responsibilities at work, or you're looking to start a career in health and safety then this is the qualification you need.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) in Occupational Health and Safety is the leading qualification worldwide, in a nutsell:
- Provides a grounding in health and safety at work.
- Level 3 qualification, which equates to an 'A'-level.
- 10 day course plus one exam day.
- Excellent training facilities delected with the delegate experience in mind.
By applying the knowledge learned, you will be able to demonstrate your understanding of the content of the course from each of the following units:
- Unit 1 Management of Health and Safety
- Unit 2 Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Unit 3 Health and Safety Practical Application
Within two weeks of the written exam date, you need to complete a work based practical assessment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is suitable for:
- People who need a broad knowledge of Health and Safety issues.
- Suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the NEBOSH NGC course from Astutis you will have gained:
- A thorough appreciation of health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management.
- Ability to develop an effective safety system within your organisation.
- A range of useful skills to take back to the workplace.
- Friendships and useful contacts with other like minded delegates from a cross section of companies.
- A level six qualification in Scotland, a level three qualification in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, equivalent to an A level.
- The opportunity to take the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and your first steps to becoming a health and safety practitioner.
Training Course Content
The NEBOSH National General Certificate covers the following areas:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1: Foundations in Health and Safety
- Element 2: Health and Safety Management Systems 1 - Policy
- Element 3: Health and Safety Management Systems 2 - Organising
- Element 4: Health and Safety Management Systems 3 - Planning
- Element 5: Health and Safety Management Systems 4 - Measuring, Audit and Review
Unit NGC2: Controlling workplace risks
- Element 1: Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 2: Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 4: Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 5: Electrical Safety
- Element 6: Fire Safety
- Element 7: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 8: Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
Request more information
The cost of this NEBOSH National General Certificate is £1,695 + VAT per delegate.
- Price for open courses includes all examination fees
- Includes comprehensive course notes.
- Includes lunch and refreshments each day.
Astutis is a leading provider of accredited NEBOSH, IOSH & IEMA training courses which are recognised by organisations around the world. With over 50 years of combined experience in managing the successful delivery of hundreds of courses to thousands of delegates,...
Find out more about this NEBOSH National General Certificate course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!