NEBOSH National General CertificateAstutis Ltd
NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) in Occupational Health and Safety - 10 day course
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is widely recognised as the qualification to have for all professionals in the Health & Safety industry. If you have health and safety responsibilities at work, or you're looking to start a career in health and safety then this is the qualification you need.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC) in Occupational Health and Safety is the leading qualification worldwide. In a nutshell:
- Provides a grounding in health and safety at work
- Level 3 qualification, which equates to an 'A'-level
- 10 day course plus one exam day
- Excellent training facilities selected with your experience in mind
Suitability - Who should attend?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is aimed at those working in Health and Safety who want to develop a career in safety management. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff from organisations in all sectors.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the NEBOSH NGC course from Astutis you will have gained:
- A thorough appreciation of health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management.
- Ability to develop an effective safety system within your organisation.
- A range of useful skills to take back to the workplace.
- Friendships and useful contacts with other like minded delegates from a cross section of companies.
- A level six qualification in Scotland, a level three qualification in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, equivalent to an A level.
- The opportunity to take the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and your first steps to becoming a health and safety practitioner.
Training Course Content
The NEBOSH National General Certificate covers the following areas:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1: Foundations in Health and Safety
- Element 2: Health and Safety Management Systems 1 - Plan
- Element 3: Health and Safety Management Systems 2 - Do
- Element 4: Health and Safety Management Systems 3 - Check
- Element 5: Health and Safety Management Systems 4 - Act
Unit NGC2: Controlling workplace risks
- Element 1: Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 2: Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 4: Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 5: Electrical Safety
- Element 6: Fire Safety
- Element 7: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 8: Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
UNIT GC3: Health and Safety Practical Application (to be completed within 2 weeks of completing the written exams).
The cost of this NEBOSH National General Certificate is £1,765 + VAT (£1895 + VAT in London)
- Price includes all examination fees
- Includes comprehensive course notes.
- Includes lunch and refreshments each day.
Discounts are available when enrolling more than one learner on a course from the same company. Please contact us to find out more.
Astutis is a leading provider of accredited NEBOSH, IOSH & IEMA training courses which are recognised by organisations around the world. With over 50 years of combined experience in managing the successful delivery of hundreds of courses to thousands of delegates,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this NEBOSH National General Certificate course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!