MSP® Foundation and Practitioner e-learning with both Exams
MSP offers best-practice guidance to all organizations – large or small, public or private sector – to help them achieve successful outcomes from transformational change. MSP has been developed to help organizations achieve excellence by
improving practices, offering better services and preparing
more effectively for the future.
Benefits of MSP
- Creates a vision and blueprint for transformational change
- Designs the programme to deliver the blueprint
- Identifies the right outcomes and benefits and plans for their delivery
- Delivers on time, to budget and desired quality
- Breaks down initiatives into clearly defined projects and offers a framework for handling them
- Defines responsibilities and lines of communication
- Involves stakeholders
- Manages risk and ensures the programme responds to change
- Audits and maintains quality.
How it works
MSP creates a structured framework that acknowledges that every programme is unique but at the same time must be universally applicable, delivering quality outcomes and lasting benefits. By creating a framework that encourages organizations to focus on outcomes, mitigate risks and anticipate issues in advance, MSP is proven to work even for the most challenging, multiple programmes.
Today's organizations exist in a climate of constant and increasing change. Organizations that have learned how to transform themselves through effective leadership and strategic control are more likely to survive and prosper. Programme management is increasingly being recognized as key to enabling organizations to manage that transformation.
Where there is major change there will be complexity, risk, many interdependencies to manage and conflicting priorities to resolve. Organizations are unlikely to be able to deliver change successfully where:
- There is insufficient board-level support
- Leadership is weak
- There are unrealistic expectations of the organizational capacity and capability to change
- There is inadequate focus on benefits
- There is no real picture of the future capability
- There is a poorly defined or poorly communicated vision
- The organization fails to change culture
- There is not enough engagement of stakeholders.
MSP provides a structured framework and approach to programme management that can help organizations avoid these pitfalls and achieve their goals.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should be interested in this course?
- Members of the Programme Office
- Business change team members
- Programme Managers/Aspiring Programme Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Product Owners, SROs and Project Sponsors
- Operational Line Managers / Staff participating in a Programme
The course has no pre-requisite knowledge required.
This software has been made available over your network connection via your web browser. Your system should have the following minimum specification:
- Windows7®, Vista® or XP®, MAC OSX or Linux Ubuntu
- Broadband-grade connection (=>0.75MB/sec)
- Web Browser IE7+, Firefox
- Ipad3 / android Tablet with 1GB internal Ram
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Foundation and Practitioner Level - MSP Certification Awarded by Peoplecert/AXELOS
The Foundation level introduces the Managing Successful Programmes framework and terminology. The purpose of the Foundation certification is to determine whether you know and understand the MSP® guidance well enough to be able to work with a team involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP®. The purpose of the MSP® Foundation certification is to confirm you understand the the MSP® guidance thoroughly enough to work effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or to act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP®.
- Multiple Choice 75 questions (5 questions are trial and not counted in scores)
- 35 marks or more required to pass (out of 70 available marks) – 50%
- Closed Book exam
- 60 minutes duration
- This exam tests how much of the theory you have retained and understand
- Qualification valid for life
The Practitioner level is aimed at teaching learners to understand and apply the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes when managing a programme. The purpose of the MSP® Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you understand the MSP® guidance well enough to apply it to your own work and are able act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP® environment. You should also be capable of applying the MSP® guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within an environment that uses MSP®.
- Objective Multiple Choice
- 8 questions per paper with 80 marks available in total
- 40 marks required to pass – 50%
- 2.5 hour duration
- Open book (Managing Successful Programmes)
- This exam tests if you can tailor and apply the theory to a given case study scenario
Training Course Content
This course covers the following:
- Getting Started
- Introduction to MSP
- Organization and Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow
- Examination Approaches
Established in 1994, Balance Global was one of the first 3 training companies to be approved in the UK by the UK Cabinet Office to deliver PRINCE2® Accredited Courses. We have since broadened our portfolio to include MSP® (Managing Successful...
Average rating 4.8Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this MSP® Foundation and Practitioner e-learning with both Exams course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams