MSP Foundation e-learning with Exam
Programme Management methods and frameworks are evolving faster than ever. This is occurring in order to keep pace with the growing needs of public and private organisations to deliver better project outcomes and benefits. This rapid evolution has expressed itself in recent years in the following ways:-
- A demand for formally qualified Programme Managers.
- Rising salariesfor qualified Programme Management Professionals.
Just take a quick look at job boards like Jobserve and you will salaries in the range of £60,000 to £120,000 per annum.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should be interested in this course?
- Members of the Programme Office
- Business change team members
- Programme Managers/Aspiring Programme Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Change Managers
- Product Owners, SROs and Project Sponsors
- Operational Line Managers / Staff participating in a Programme
The course has no pre-requisite knowledge required.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Foundation Level - MSP Certification Awarded by Peoplecert/AXELOS
- Multiple Choice 75 questions (5 questions are trial and not counted in scores)
- 35 marks or more required to pass (out of 70 available marks) – 50%
- Closed Book exam
- 60 minutes duration
- This exam tests how much of the theory you have retained and understand
- Qualification valid for life
Training Course Content
Increased employment opportunities and better salaries
Today's organizations exist in a climate of constant and increasing change. Organizations that have learned how to transform themselves through effective leadership and strategic control are more likely to survive and prosper. Programme management is increasingly being recognized as key to enabling organizations to manage that transformation.
Where there is major change there will be complexity, risk, many interdependencies to manage and conflicting priorities to resolve. Organizations are unlikely to be able to deliver change successfully where:
- There is insufficient board-level support
- Leadership is weak
- There are unrealistic expectations of the organizational capacity and capability to change
- There is inadequate focus on benefits
- There is no real picture of the future capability
- There is a poorly defined or poorly communicated vision
- The organization fails to change culture
- There is not enough engagement of stakeholders.
The foundation course introduces the Managing Successful Programmes framework and terminology. The purpose of the Foundation certification is to determine whether you know and understand the MSP® guidance well enough to be able to work with a team involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP®. The purpose of the MSP® Foundation certification is to confirm you understand the the MSP® guidance thoroughly enough to work effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or to act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP®.
The MSP® Practitioner course is aimed at teaching learners to understand and apply the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes when managing a programme. The purpose of the MSP® Practitioner certification is to confirm whether you understand the MSP® guidance well enough to apply it to your own work and are able act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP® environment. You should also be capable of applying the MSP® guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within an environment that uses MSP®.
Course Modules :-
- Getting Started
- Introduction to MSP
- Organisation and Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow
- Examination Approaches
- 30 hours of learning
- 12 modules
- Notes to support each lesson
- Interactive video presented lessons
- Interactive exercises to consolidate learning
- Mock exams
- Practice questions
- Extensive exam approaches module
- Progress Reports
Established in 1994, Balance Global was one of the first 3 training companies to be approved in the UK by the UK Cabinet Office to deliver PRINCE2® Accredited Courses. We have since broadened our portfolio. In these challenging times one...
Average rating 4.8Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this MSP Foundation e-learning with Exam course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!