PRINCE2® Foundation e-Learning with Exam
This PRINCE2® online training course is specifically intended for those with busy schedules that require the flexibility to study in their own time and is for anyone wanting to:
Gain first class Project Management skills
PRINCE2® is the de facto project management standard with over 2.5 million practitioners worldwide and has been adopted by the UK, Canadian, Australian governments. The methodology is so flexible and adaptable that it can be applied to any industry and a project of any size.
Improve employment prospects
Most Project Management roles advertised on job boards and through agencies stipulate PRINCE2® as the must-have qualification to even be considered for an interview.
There are a number of studies available that show the good salaries that can be achieved in this exciting and challenging role. CWjobs monthly survey is just one and shows salaries ranging between £47,500 up to £77,500. £55-62k is the average salary for a PRINCE2 Project Manager.
Completing this course will help you:
- Confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method.
- Work effectively within an environment supporting PRINCE2®
- Work effectively with or as a member of a project management team
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who should be interested in this course?
- Project Managers/Aspiring Project Managers
- Project Executives/Sponsors
- Project Leaders/Team Managers/Line Managers
- Project Accountants/Resources/Planning/co-ordination Specialists
- Project Support/Project Assistants
No prerequisites required
Outcome / Qualification etc.
PRINCE2 Foundation Certification Awarded by Peoplecert/AXELOS
- Multiple Choice 60 questions
- 33 marks or more required to pass (out of 60 available marks) – 55%
- Closed Book exam
- The foundation exam is 1 hour
- This exam tests how much of the theory you have retained and understand
- No negative marking
- Qualification valid for life
Training Course Content
- 14+ hours of learning content
- 150+ course units
- 13 course sections
- 13 section tests
- Interactive exercises
- 2 mock exam simulations
- App for offline use for tablets/iPads
- Resource Library
- Full tutor support
- Introduction to Projects and PRINCE2
- Principles and Tailoring
- Process Model
- Organization Theme
- Business Case Theme
- SU & IP Processes
- Progress Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- CS & MP Processes
- Quality Theme
- DP, SB & CP Processes
THE 7 PRINCIPLES:
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to the Project Environment
THE 7 THEMES:
- Business Case – wy are we investing in the project?
- Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
- Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
- Risk – managing uncertainty
- Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
- Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
THE 7 PROCESSES:
- Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
- Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
- Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
- Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
- Controlling a Stage – day-to-day project manager’s work
- Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
- Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
- Closing a Project – tidy close
DETAILED INFORMATION ON 2 TECHNIQUES:
- Product Based Planning
- Quality review Technique
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
In January 2017 AXELOS announced the upcoming arrival of updated PRINCE2® guidance and new Foundation and Practitioner examinations, which will be launched in the middle of the year. Together, these form the PRINCE2 2017 update and represent the first major revision of PRINCE2 since 2009. This important update reinforces PRINCE2’s unrivalled reputation for best practice in project management. As ever, the focus is on what makes a successful project.
Established in 1994, Balance Global was one of the first 3 training companies to be approved in the UK by the UK Cabinet Office to deliver PRINCE2® Accredited Courses. We have since broadened our portfolio. In these challenging times one...
Average rating 4.6Based on 5 reviews.
Find out more about this PRINCE2® Foundation e-Learning with Exam course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!