Diploma in Education and Training: Level 5
Are you aiming to advance or begin your career in teaching? Run in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU), this innovative programme provides you with the broadest possible exposure to professional practice, experience and a variety of teaching methods, as you develop the knowledge, skills and understanding to flourish in teaching.
During this one year course, you will learn:
- Introduction to teaching and learning
- Planning and assessing
- Applying theory to practice
You will look at the core elements of teaching and learning, planning and enabling learning, theories of learning, assessment, managing behaviour, and meeting individual needs.
You will be taught by highly-qualified, experienced and supportive lecturers through a mix of lectures, seminars, workshops, group and one-to-one tutorials.
You will be assessed on a portfolio of evidence which includes observations of your teaching, presentations and written work. There are no formal exams.
You will have:
- Subject or vocational qualification at Level 3 or above (or evidence of extensive industrial experience), and
- Effective verbal communication and strong written English, and
- A confirmed placement over two years of a minimum of 100 hours’ teaching practice (40 hours in year one, 60 hours in year two).
- On completion of this course, you can progress onto the Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (Level 6), also run in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University and offered at Barking & Dagenham College.
Barking & Dagenham College
Barking & Dagenham College is an institution with a long history of delivering further education, undergraduate and postgraduate higher education, as well as apprenticeships. Located in East London, Barking & Dagenham College is in the perfect location for the array...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!