Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
2 Day Real Estate AnalystBayfield Training
Real Estate Analyst with Financial Modelling in Excel - 2 day Course
This two day training course from Bayfield Training gives participants better knowledge of financial modelling using Excel. Delegates will learn how to develop rent functions and net operating income, create flexible real estate financial models in Excel and value and appraise property investment and then interpret and analyse the results.
The Real Estate Analyst course is Bayfield's flagship course. It has run for 20 years and has helped thousands of clients improve their analysis of investment opportunities. The course is an industry staple and is continuously updated.
On this course, participants will…
- Learn how to structure an investment cash flow from first principles and how to value and appraise property investments
- Build annual and quarterly discounted cash flows
- Look in depth at modelling tenancy schedules: rent reviews, upward-only, break options, lease expiry
- Build OPEX and CAPEX into your cash flow
- Analyse risk using sensitivity tables and charts
- Employ best practice and find solutions to common modelling problems
Bayfield Training is a prominent global supplier of investment grade Real Estate executive education and they have a huge extended network of experts, specialists and professionals within the field of Real Estate Financial Modelling. Using both practitioners and academics who have studied and worked at the highest level, this course provided by Bayfield gives participants a total learning experience due to the relevant and up to date content.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Participants who will benefit from this course are:
- Real Estate Analysts and Investors
- Portfolio Analysts
- Investment Managers
- Real Estate professionals at any level with exposure to real estate financial models on a frequent basis
- Mid-level to senior Real Estate Analysts who would like to start building their own real estate models quickly, rather than relying solely on coaching from existing team members
- Junior or new Real Estate Analysts who would like to start building their own real estate models quickly, rather than relying solely on coaching from existing team members
- APC candidates who would like the opportunity to consolidate their competencies by understanding how theory and variables interact within the precision context of a financial model
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD Accredited Training worth 15 hours.
Training Course Content
Over the two days, this training course will cover:
Know how to build a property asset cash flow, analyse geared, and un-geared IRRs.
- Term & Reversion and Layer Method Valuation (Intro to Excel)
- Equivalent Yield (Solver, Scenario and Goal Seek functions)
- Single-Let Discounted Cash Flow
- Cash Flow inputs (Rents, Yields, Growth Rates, Target Returns)
- Analysis and use of date series
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Net Present Value (NPV)
- Comparing Value, Price and Worth
- Adding borrowing and analysing geared returns
- Introducing Rent Reviews and other ‘events’ into cash flows
- The ‘Rent Function’ concept and Logic functions (IF,OR,AND)
- Sensitivity analysis
Know how to build a multi-let property cash flow and apply the concepts on a real case study.
- The ‘Rent Function’ and Multi-let cash flows
- The ‘date problem’ and assumptions in property asset cash flows
- Reducing the rent function, intermediate calculations and modelling theory
- Modelling lease expiries, break clauses, voids, and upward only covenants
- Incorporating time-varying rental growth rates
- Analysing multi-let cash flows to see if the leases are sufficiently diversified
- Further IRR analysis (XIRR, MIRR)
This Real Estate Analyst course is available to participants at £2,121.54 - £2,721.54.
*Price for a place on public course in the UK. Please enquire for prices relevant to other locations.
If required, the training is also available as an in-house course. Please contact Bayfield Training for more information.
Provider: Bayfield Training
Bayfield Training is a prominent global supplier of investment grade Real Estate executive education. Having begun as pioneers in the field of Real Estate Financial Modelling, today Bayfield has a huge extended network of experts, specialists and professionals within this...