A Five day school that focuses on Retail from theoretical knowledge to the practical skills base to compliment one another.
This school combines two of our courses:
- Introduction to Shopping Centre Investments
- Retail Property Appraisals
The Intro to Shopping Centre Investments is more quantitative than before but retains the definitions, historical, practical and strategic context. This provides the fund/asset manager, investing in shopping centres for the first time, with everything they need to know to discuss the asset with their peers.
The Retail Property Appraisals course is for the investor/asset manager who wants to drill deeper into the quantitative analysis of any retail portfolio. The course can be taken on its own and like all our financial modelling courses it is Excel based and data driven from the very start.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for course dates and locations.
- United Kingdom
Enquire for course dates.
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Real Estate Professionals who would like to update their knowledge of the investment, performance and profit enhancement strategies of retail assets.
- Shopping centre managers who would like to communicate more effectively with investors and owners on the financial impact of their management strategies.
- Asset managers and fund managers who would like to understand the impact of their strategies on asset and shareholder value in a more granular and integrated fashion.
- Suppliers to shopping centres to help them quantify and communicate how their product can add value.
- Data companies’ providers who would like to further understand the needs of shopping centre investors in order to help them improve their service.
- Analyst and modellers who would like to improve their understanding of financial models in respect of retail property assets.
Training Course Content
- Introduction To Shopping Centre Investments I
- Retail and Shopping Centre History
- Shopping Centre Definitions
- Industry Definitions
- Retail QuiltsTM
- Creating your own definition
- Revo, ICSC and other Membership, Research and Policy Bodies
- Retailers, Consumers and Consumer Behaviour: Comparative study
- Retailer Classifications
- Consumer Classifications
- Operational Metrics: Footfall,Dwell,Frequency,Spend
- Shopping Centre Design
- Humanics, Mechanics, Branding and Design
- Design Considerations and Metrics
Game: Build your own shopping centre
Network Evening: Dinner for participants and course contributors
- Introduction To Shopping Centre Investments II
- International Retail Industry
- Retailers and Brands
- Retail Categories Profit & Loss Statements
- Key Performance Indicators
- Retail Trends
- Game: The Retail Trading Billionaire
- Online Retailing
- Development, Size & Structure of the Market
- Retail Property Macro Economics
- Global Demand and Supply
- Retail Property Indicators in Global Retail
- Occupier, Asset and Development Market
- Understanding key Retail lease covenants
- Financial Modelling of Retail Property Assets
- Retail Property Development
- Retail Property Investment
Workshop: Calculate the development cost of your shopping centre
- Introduction To Shopping Centre Investments III
- Game: Lease your shopping centre
- Reviewing the Leasing Strategy
- Analysing the financial model of your shopping centre
- Shopping Centre Ownership
- Companies, Partnerships, REITS and Joint Ventures
- Global retail property ownership and control
- Retail Property Appraisals I
- Retail Property Models
- What makes retail property models unique?
- Input Variables and the Profit Cycle
- Financial Model Layout and Design
- Understanding the nature of Retail Property Cash Flows
- Advanced Cash Flow Modelling
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Net Present Value (NPV) and other metrics
- The three Rent Function methods
- Logic Functions and Arrays
- Multi-let Cash Flows
- Multiple and Period Varying Growth Rates
- Retail Property Rent Functions
- Common Retail Property Lease Covenants
- Retail Tenancy Schedules
- Zone A calculations
- Turnover, affordability ratios and rental capture
- Rental Growth, inflation and fixed rent
- Rent Functions and Rent Projection
- Analysing the Tenancy Schedule
- Hypothetical study of ‘The Galleries’ Shopping Centre
- Unit Plan and Micro Location
- Using Excel as a database and linking to external data sources
- Data visualisation methods
- The Bayfield Retail Quilt (Tenant Mix Analysis)
- Lease Expiry Profiles and Event Analysis
- Round up and Conclusions of Day Four
- Retail Property Appraisals II
- Shopping Centre Portfolio Case Study
- Choosing the Retailer Classification
- Cross Referencing Consumer Classification
- Completing the Tenancy Schedule
- Generating Typologies from tenancy schedules
- Rent Functions for Shopping Centres
- Breaking Complex rent functions from existing models
- Planning the rent function
- Events and Rents Table formulae
- Full Rent Function
- Full Project Cash Flow
- Scenario Testing and Risk Analysis
- Building a rent function for the case study shopping centre
- Testing the rent function
- Creating CAPEX and OPEX functions for the case study
- Calculating IRR, NPV and other Investment Metrics
- Testing the IRR for errors
- Footfall and Performance Metrics
- Destination capacity calculations
- Footfall Signatures
- Peak hour performance
- Performance Metrics
- Round up and Conclusions of Day Five
Why choose Bayfield Training
Over 25 years in business
Original Content, Unique Delivery
+90% courses review rating from past delegates
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
This Retail Property Investment School training is available to participants at £3500 + VAT*.
*Price for a place on public course in the UK. Please enquire for prices relevant to other locations.
If required, the training is also available as an in-house course. Please contact Bayfield Training for more information.
Bayfield Training - Real Estate Executive Education
To bridge the professional and academic gap in the Real Estate Sector Bayfield Training is a prominent global supplier of investment grade Real Estate executive education. Having begun 25 years ago as pioneers in the field of Real Estate Financial...